Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 12:17 PM

Default How you should play poker....

I finally decided to quit keeping all of my successful poker secrets to myself. Follow this link and you will improve your poker skill at least 200%.

Best Poker Advice Ever
Old 11-28-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: How you should play poker....

Taken from link:

[ QUOTE ]
Let's say that you're dealt AK suited (already at least a 90% favorite to win the hand) and you raise it 5x the big blind before the flop and you get one caller. The flop comes A44, should you bet or check? Neither, you should just fold. Why? Because your hand is dead. You have no chance whatsoever of winning. How do I know this? Well, I don't really. But I know that everything happens for a reason. So if your opponent didn't have a 4, the two 4's on the board wouldn't be serving any purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you beleive any of this tripe here's another page for you to check out.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: How you should play poker....

Dude, if you didn't realize it's all a joke....

Me and a few of my friends are always coming up with completely dumb things to say at the poker table. The thing is, we're capable of saying them in a serious manner. It often sounds so serious that people actually believe us when we say it.

For example: If I'm in a hand and there's two aces on the board. I was in the big blind with rags and I end up folding to a heavy bet or two. When the hand is over and it turns out that nobody has an ace, I will say that I folded pocket aces... I had to fold them because I flopped quads and my hand couldn't improve. You'd be surprised how many people take me serious when I say this.

The one thing I say in that message about suited cards making your hand a 90% favorite... Well, believe it or not, we actually know a guy who makes this claim and he firmly believes it to be true. Now any time we're at a game we look for the chance to say we're playing our suited cards because they're a 90% favorite to win. It often sparks a series of comments about how being suited hardly makes a difference at all. But we hold our ground and insist that there's nothing more powerful than two suited cards.

Anyway, it is just a joke. I was hoping everyone would get a good laugh out of it.