Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 09:02 PM

Default (LC) Need advice, Spread Limit Game

My city wont allow the little card room here to spread no limit, so they spread whats called spread limit. 2-100$ bets, basically no limit, but if you have >100$ you cant go all in.

I play 6 max limit mostly, with my beginnings in full ring, but the players at this little card room are so absolutly rediculous that i sense there is too much money to be made in this game to ignore it.

Trouble is, I dont really know how to approach this. I've never read any No Limit books, but i've read all the Sklansky/2+2 limit books out there. Do you think I have enough info vs. absolute idiots to be a winning player, or should I read up a bit before i go play against these donks.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: (LC) Need advice, Spread Limit Game

maybe play a little low limit nl online to get used to the bet sizes an what not an maybe post a couple of hands.

if there really stupid though an u have a solid sklansky/limit grounding you'll probably be ok regardless.

it definetely wouldnt hurt to play a couple of hours of 25nl or something online though to see how u find it first.

paul
Old 11-01-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: (LC) Need advice, Spread Limit Game

Yup. Definitely play in the game. Definitely play NL25 first in preparation and post a few hands. When switching from limit, it takes a little while to adjust to the fact that you can't just call down when you have TPTK or better and face aggression and to the fact that when you raise someone you are opening up your WHOLE STACK to them, not just one more bet. Search this forum for posts by GrunchCan from a few months ago about switching from limit to no limit. They had some really terrific content and good follow up discussion around pot control which is an exclusively no limit topic that is INCREDIBLY important.