Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 04:41 AM

Default I cap because I get to say \"Cappuccino!\"

Read: Button is selective aggressive, I put him on Ax or med. suited connectors after he open limped on the button.

I don’t like my pf cap or anything else in this hand… I guess this is a great example of a button trap play working, but it’s really hard for me to put this guy on a hand I don’t at least have 6 outs vs. on this flop. I felt especially fishy calling on the end, but felt obligated due to pot size…

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

– How do you avoid spewage like this… just sit back and call down with overcards? Or do you find a spot to get away from AQ for less than I did here.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:55 AM

Default Re: I cap because I get to say \"Cappuccino!\"

I think a better plan would be to just call the pf 3-bet and then c/c, c/c the flop and turn and decide what to do on the river. Mostly c/f I would think.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:57 AM

i dont cap pre flop and i would end up calling down if determined to see SD id start to put him on AA KK QQ of some big hand he wanted to make a little bit of money on
Old 11-25-2005, 05:03 AM

Capping for value isn't worth much HU. Usually you can make up the lost bet from pre-flop by just check-raising when you hit. You then also get to take it to showdown on the cheap when you miss, and will encourage random tomfoolery if that's what this guy is up to.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:27 AM

This river call is a 1BB mistake. You're never good here. Never. [censored] pot size.

Why are you building a huge pot preflop with overcards? And then an even bigger pot postflop still with just overcards? Why?
Old 11-25-2005, 05:40 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
This river call is a 1BB mistake. You're never good here. Never. [censored] pot size.

[/ QUOTE ]

against the type who will limp reraise on the button, he will be good sometimes. it's nowhere near a 1 BB mistake, if one at all. i see players go off with KQ or QJ here time and time again

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you building a huge pot preflop with overcards?

[/ QUOTE ]

because he has the best hand most of the time? capping si fine
Old 11-25-2005, 05:48 AM

Really? In my last 80k hands I have never seen anyone quasi-sane come close to this much spewing without having A-high beat on that flush+straight river.

But kay, you know best. I retract my previous sentiments, but I still fold this river without a read.

Edit - just realized OP may have a very different image than I do; I 3-bet this flop with overcards no draw approximately never against someone who just limp-reraised and then raised again after I capped and led.

So maybe if OP has a neverwin-ish image, it is important for him to make this river call.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

against the type who will limp reraise on the button, he will be good sometimes. it's nowhere near a 1 BB mistake, if one at all. i see players go off with KQ or QJ here time and time again

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you building a huge pot preflop with overcards?

[/ QUOTE ]

because he has the best hand most of the time? capping si fine

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the flop 3-bet? I don't see how that's good.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:20 AM

I think I would just call the limp-reraise and call down, just to see what the hell he's up to. I'm sure that's not a profitable line, although you will be shown good overcards or a complete bluff on occasion, making it not quite as expensive as it might seem.

I have been in this situation a few times, and most of the time it is a monster, but a couple of times it was an apparantly sane opponent getting all machismo because I isolated them out of the small blind or something.

The way you played it, he's screaming "monster" at you, and unless he's a complete nutcase you should of folded somewhere....
Old 11-25-2005, 11:33 AM

Thanks, this was my whole point... if I want to make it to SD... do it cheap, rather than try and bully a semi-sane opponent on cheap streets w/ overcards out of position. I guess I just like pain... makes me feel alive.