Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: you ever get that feeling...

[ QUOTE ]
This was going to be a fold to a 3-bet (obvoiusly, lol).

[/ QUOTE ]
sorry, but no it won't.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is bad flop advice IMHO. You have two overcards and a gutshot that's good most of the time if you hit it. That's as many as 10 outs, although realistically with the 2-flush it's closer to 6. That being said, you're in position and it's been checked to you. You need to give opponents the chance to fold, so bet this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was close but that convinced me. The only question i have is when would this have been a bet? If we loose one player? If we would have hit bottom pair but otherwise have the same flop and hand?
Old 12-29-2005, 07:02 PM

I like checking behind on the flop (although I don't always do it when I should).

[ QUOTE ]
The only question i have is when would this have been a bet? If we loose one player? If we would have hit bottom pair but otherwise have the same flop and hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Figure in # of opponents and tendencies. Three or more opponents tend to check unless all three are super passive - not the case in this hand.

Figure in the board texture - For instance if the board was less connected or rainbow - betting starts to look slightly more attractive.

With 2 missed overcards - You should mostly be looking at # of opponents, their tendencies, and possible holdings, but a slight change in board texture might tip the scales to a bet in some of these spots.

Also consider two of your opponents hold blind hands - it's not like they limped in with 9T or KJ and got raised... they could have anything. You can't really put the blinds here on a range of hands, other than the fact they are more likely to hold a 2-6 because they were in the blind.