Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 05:20 PM

Default easy fold?

Pokerstars 11+rebuys last night. 22 left out of 1360 or so. blinds 10k, 20k with 1k antes. hero with 200 UTG+1. Blinds going up in a couple of minutes. UTG bigstack with 800K behind raises to 60K. I see pocket 6's. Easy fold right?

That's what I thought after thinking it through. While in battle, however, I reraised all-in and he called with a,k.

Seems like an easy fold. Only 4 hands i want to call.

Your thoughts?
Old 10-14-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: easy fold?

I believe you had 200k, not 200, and that's an easy, easy fold. In fact, I'd fold even if he did. No need to play a small pair in EP unless you're way down on chips.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:30 PM

How many people at the table? How loose has the bigstack been? What hands have you seen of his? Do you think there is any chance he will fold?

At a full table I probably drop it. If it's short handed and he's been raising a lot I might push. If he were in later position I would definitly push.

Since he is UTG I figure he has a decent hand that won't fold to my push. At best I am 50/50 here and at worst dominated. At a short handed table there is a chance he could have a smaller pair but I wouldn't count on it. I think I fold here most of the time.

I would have been happy to push and see AK and have the chance to double up.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many people at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]
Either 7 or 8, since there are 22 left.

[ QUOTE ]
How loose has the bigstack been? What hands have you seen of his?

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't really matter. Since there are still 5 or 6 left to act pushing with 66 is way too dangerous.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think there is any chance he will fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
He has a huge stack and can take risks. In fact, he probably has a huge stack BECAUSE he's taking risks. He's getting good enough odds to call almost with any two.