Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 08:29 PM

Default O8 Games On Party

Anyone have any opinions on the O8 games on Party, one way or another? I know it's a small, meaningless sample size, but I just played about 47 hands on .5/1 and went +15BB. These people seemed horrible to me.

My game is far from good. I just like to play it as a change in pace every once in a while. I'll usually play a SnG but I didn't want to play for that long.

If it can go this good, I might try working off the upcoming Empire bonus playing some O8. Which also leads me to another question, what kind of % are hands raked @ .5/1?
Old 08-21-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: O8 Games On Party

O8 players are terrible. Games are painfully slow though making clearing a bonus that way comparable to a sharp stick in the eye.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:49 PM

I don't play much 08 anymore, but the Party .50/1 games are a jopke whenever I check out the games. Once you get higher, though, the hold 'em games are usually softer at comparable stakes. As far as bonuses go, you get fewer hands in, but it may be easier for whoring because it's much easier to multitable and a higher % of hands are raked because the pots are bigger.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:25 PM

They are hit and miss. 2 years ago the games ultra stupid soft at any point in the day. Now you may have to scout the tables(well if your not that good). I actually ran into some tables that were weak tight last fall........
Old 08-21-2005, 11:34 PM

When I started playing, I did mostly O8 due to small bankroll (lower variance). The $.5/$1 games at Party were just silly...usually 7-8 players seeing the flop (I remember a bunch of hands where I was the only one who folded preflop) and something like 4-5 going to showdown. So few hands are playable, though, that it gets boring even multitabling.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:43 PM

I enjoy 08, and the Party players are even worse than I am at it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], but the games are so god damn slow, it's unbearable.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I enjoy 08, and the Party players are even worse than I am at it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], but the games are so god damn slow, it's unbearable.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said earlier, way too small of a sample size, but I got in those 47 hands over 54 minutes. Not exactly NLHE speed but I didn't think it was too bad.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So few hands are playable, though, that it gets boring even multitabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

With as loose as the game was (easily 6 people seeing the flop each hand), I was able to play a lot more hands and take down pots with aggressive play.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said earlier, way too small of a sample size, but I got in those 47 hands over 54 minutes. Not exactly NLHE speed but I didn't think it was too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not bad, if you can hit that #, then go for it.

I find it harder to multitable O8 though, I need to think more.