Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2005, 10:41 AM

Default 33 flops bottom set on coordinated board

I stopped playing microlimits for awhile in favor of the Party 10+1s, but now I'm back and trying to move up the ranks (again).

No reads on the other players in the hand, was multitabling with the Party beta and haven't gotten a chance to install PokerAce yet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

This is the first hand I've had in awhile that's made me think, even overnight. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Usual loose-ish Party 0.50/1 table, I limp UTG figuring that enough people will come along for the ride

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Well, I flopped my set all right, but that's a pretty scary straightful and flushful board. No slowplaying for me, I want people to pay for their draws, but then I get 3-bet. At that point I figure I can cap it, since a lot of the time I'm ahead, and if I'm not, I've still got plenty of outs to a full house/quads.

Turn: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Ok, there's the flush card... I capped the flop, so I lead the turn and don't get raised. No flushes out there? Or are the players just scared?

River: (12 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Now there's 4 to a straight on the board and a possible flush, and yet I bet out the river. The more I've thought about it, the more I hate that bet, since chances are I'm not getting called by a worse hand, and I'm certainly not folding a better hand.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Comments on all streets welcome... I've fallen into playing 0.50/1 on autopilot, and that won't help me move up.