Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: my turn for help please

I've been looking at the HP 2610 four in one Printer, fax, copier and scanner. It also has all of the slots for your cameras and camcorders, etc. Cost is about $179 at Fry's.

Is your video card dual-head? This might be a dumb question, because I'm guessing that most state of the art video cards are dual-head these days. It's nice to be able to hook up a second monitor even if your main monitor is a 21 inch mac-daddy.

My monitor is the Samsung 21.3 inch 213T, and it's very nice. They're going for anywhere from $500-750. Highly reccommended.

I built my PC with a Maxtor drive, but its been a few years and it had a noise problem. This fluid bearing stuff sounds good though. I'd never heard of that before.

Now I have a couple of newbie questions. What does SATA mean in relation to hard drives, and what are the advantages/disadvantages over the older type HDs? Is SATA necessary for the average user?

What's this cooling system you're talking about? Is it just a fan, or an entire system?

I just bought an NEC 16x16 DVD+ RW drive. Is this a dual-purpose drive like everyone is talking about? Any opinions on the model?

Another question: if you only need one drive how do you copy from one CD to another?

Just reading this thread made me realize how much I'm out of touch about this stuff. For example I didn't know that a DVD disk held so much information. Can you burn your data to a DVD instead of a CD? Is it a permanent burn, or can you overwrite data like you can with some CDs. Are there two different kinds of DVD disks?

Enough for now, thanks.