Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Results

Didnt want this thread to be results orientated...but I called his turn raise...river was an Ace. He pushed and I donked off my stack...he indeed had JJ.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Trips line help...5/10

flop raise seems really small to me. Do you bet this little with a jack or an underpair?
Old 12-09-2005, 03:20 PM

I like to bet small like this with dry flops that are checked to me in postion. I pick up alot pots this way for cheap. This is not my normal game and villian has nothing on me and i have nothing on him.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:06 PM

That is a pretty good bet on the river regardless of what villian has. Sorry it didn't work out for you. How does the action change if the river isn't the A?
Old 12-09-2005, 04:32 PM

Real good question...probally doesnt change anything. If Im beat on the turn than Im basically dead...so the ace doesnt change anything.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:50 PM

yea, its a tough situation, because no matter what your play you make it very easy for the villian to make the best EV decision.

also agreed that 3 betting is the worst option vs most decent players, for the same reasons you mentioned.

so it comes down to leading the river or check/raising. (i think check calling isnt great unless you are vs a good / tight player, as vs normal players you are +50% to win the hand and the villian will not fold on the river to your c/r with any of the aforementioned hands) i think my default is to bet the river and call a raise vs an average to unimpressive player, since its possible he has some J hand and will check behind.