Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Best Vegas Steak Dinner

Which cut did you get?

The steak that got the outrageous award was the Cote De Bouef, the 20oz bone-in ribeye.

The NY sucks IMO, as does the large filet (16oz)

I reccomend the small filet, or the porterhouse.

Tex

(dont forget the caesar and the shrimp cocktail)
Old 11-24-2005, 02:04 AM

we went spur of the moment to the place in monte carlo against clarkmeister's advice and it was extremely medicore.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:15 AM

Lowery's

Nuff said [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

...then again I dont eat much steak [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], but if you want Mexican food advice big guy there in lies my expertise you know who to ask a few cubicles away [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2005, 03:39 AM

Never ate here, but I like the review
Old 11-24-2005, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Benihana at like the Hilton or whatever is pretty good. I'm pretty sure a fat guy who loves to eat could find the meal most delicious (as well as skinny punks who hate eating).

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? We ate at both this place and at TI's steakhouse. Benihana is your average run of the mill habachi steakhouse. TI had an incredible seafood cocktail. The seabass which was a special that evening was, well, quite frankly I have had better in Columbus Ohio. As far as the steaks go, I remember Raptor saying that steaks are better in Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Benihaha was better IMO. But chefs swinging knives close to the people I eat with is a major +. Although I loved what I got at TI but it wasn't steak...and it was smothered in sauces and gravy...anyway, I realized later my advice was pretty awful in this thread. I'll admit it. I still think Benihana is a good time!

Most people at that other place didn't even like their meal...and that seafood thing was ok but nowhere near great. Sucks to have lived right next to SF for so long, [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 11-24-2005, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course I am from Texas, so, I'm used to the best angus beef in the world, seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, you need to visit places that have endless miles of corn fields for some good corn fed beef. I've been to a few remote steakhouses in Iowa that just kick ass with the local product.

As for the Circus Circus steak, I'd rather eat lesser beef in a non-hellhole.

(Oops, insert Iowa/hellhole joke here).

[/ QUOTE ]

My grandpa was a farmer in western Illinois.

Best steak I ever had was at a cookout the local Purina feed dealer had as a 'thank you' to good customers. Grandma gave up her ticket so I could go with Gramps. OMFG, melt in your mouth, cut it with a plastic knife no problem... eating outside under a pavilion.... That was 30 years ago and I've never had a steak even come close since.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm hitting up Smith & Wollensky tomorrow night and I'm concerned it hasn't been mentioned yet. Anyone have recommendations abotu this place?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with El Diablo. I ate at the S&W in Vegas with a bachelor party of 11 guys in a private room with a window into the kitchen, etc. It was an absolutely fantastic meal. Delicious steak, perfect wine, brilliant salad, immaculate service. A top 10 meal-of-my-life contender. You'll be fine, FatBallz.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:37 PM

The best combination of quality, service and price is Delmonico hands down IMO. Craftsteak #2.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we went spur of the moment to the place in monte carlo against clarkmeister's advice and it was extremely medicore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, oh why would you ignore me on that.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:26 PM

"Why, oh why would you ignore me on that."

we were feeling lazy and were really short on time as we had something to do at 8pm and it was already like 630. still we'd have been better off spending like $100 less and having something at least as good in another restaraunt in the same hotel.