Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 09:31 PM

Default QQ vs. Rock - Scary flop

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Probably quite average 2/4 game. BB is a rock but my hand-sample is quite small for this guy.

Flop: (12 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds.

The plan is to bet and fold against a raise. The only one making the call is the rock...

Turn: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

I bet again, and fold to his raise...

Final Pot: 10 BB

Is this a good fold? What about the bet on the flop?

I think check-raising the flop isn't a good move as BB probably won't 3-bet me, so I still won't know where I'm at on the turn.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-28-2004, 09:49 PM

Default Re: QQ vs. Rock - Scary flop

This may be a good spot to take advantage of your position and check the turn. If he really is a rock, giving a free card in that spot really isn't going to hurt you in the long run. Rocks don't raise from ealy position with suited kings or KJ or even KQ. Check the turn and call the river bet. Same amount of money invested but you get to showdown and you even get to suck out on him once every 20 or so times you are behind.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:54 PM

Default Re: QQ vs. Rock - Scary flop

BB is willing to call a raise and 3-bet preflop, and then he calls your flop bet with the initial preflop raiser still to act.

When he raises the turn, I think it's fine to give him credit for an ace and fold.