Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Is it possible to drink too much water per day?

as long as its spread out and you dont feel ill it is fine. Despite all these claims of over drinking etc..
the bigger (more common) issue you may have is diluting your enzymes if you are eating a meal while having all that water in your stomach, the acids are diluted and dont break down food as well, and so you may not be getting all the nutrients out of your foods.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Despite all these claims of over drinking etc..
the bigger (more common) issue you may have is diluting your enzymes if you are eating a meal while having all that water in your stomach, the acids are diluted and dont break down food as well, and so you may not be getting all the nutrients out of your foods.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm.... I've never heard of that. Salt dilution yes, but enzymes and food? Ummm... no.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Despite all these claims of over drinking etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm.... I've never heard of that. Salt dilution yes, but enzymes and food? Ummm... no.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. if you drink too much water while eating or shortly after eating, your body might not get all the nutrients it normally would.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:59 PM

OK, you guys are going to have to provide a link. I even did some quick searches and found nothing.

Everything I have read shows that electrolyte problems, kidney problems, and hyponatremia set it way before digestive enzymes start to go out of wack. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I'm going to have to see a link from NCBI, Pubmed, or some other respected souce before believing this. Our kidneys are equipped to efficiently process fifteen liters of water a day. That's equivalent to drinking about sixty glasses of water a day.

I find it very difficult to believe he will suffer from enzyme loss before he suffers from noticable electrolyte loss.

Honestly, unless this guy is getting high of the water, I think he's fine.

AZK, get a water filter. And a good one. PUR > BRITA and reverse osmosis is the best. Your body is acting like a water filter and you are throwing a lot of stuff at it. This is a good recommendation for everyone btw. Edward Norton and National Geographic had a nice episode called "Troubled Waters"

Still, I think you are better off drinking a lot as long as you use a filter.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:04 AM

i think i heard it in school at some point. I am likely wrong.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AZK, get a water filter. And a good one. PUR > BRITA and reverse osmosis is the best. Your body is acting like a water filter and you are throwing a lot of stuff at it. This is a good recommendation for everyone btw. Edward Norton and National Geographic had a nice episode called "Troubled Waters"

[/ QUOTE ]

I most get my water from my fridge, we have one of those built in ice/water things....bad?
Old 07-19-2005, 01:04 AM

Rent this National Geographic episode

http://www.pbs.org/strangedays/episodes/troubledwaters/

It's available via blockbuster and netflix. Then decide for yourself.