Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 09:58 AM

Default A8s.....river play?

BB and CO are unknowns. First hand for both.
The only one I know is BU 66/0/.8

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls....

Comments?
Old 11-14-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: A8s.....river play?

Raises...

I like a raise here, if anyone has a 5 they will call and might even re-raise you, flush is pretty well hidden by the fact that you hit it runner runner. There's no guarantee someone behind you will raise to get maximum value for your flush and really going for overcalls may net you an extra BB but could also cost you a BB...
Old 11-14-2005, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raises...

I like a raise here, if anyone has a 5 they will call and might even re-raise you, flush is pretty well hidden by the fact that you hit it runner runner. There's no guarantee someone behind you will raise to get maximum value for your flush and really going for overcalls may net you an extra BB but could also cost you a BB...

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone with a 5 made their hand on the turn.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:13 AM

And if they are "slowplaying" will still at least call and maybe even reraise...

You have no read on the other two so you can't say with any certainty that they will overcall anyway. If one calls and one folds you gain nothing. If both fold you lose 1 BB. If they would've called a raise you miss out on 2 BB unless one of them happens to raise in which case you can make it 3 bets and perhaps get it capped 3-way. comes down to what you think is most likely. I would think individuals calling down on that board are doing so with a hand that will call a raise or will fold to any bet so I may as well raise...
Old 11-14-2005, 10:14 AM

Since CO is unknown, I just raise. Maybe Button will call 2 cold. BB will definitely call with the overpair.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:20 AM

I think that’s a hard flop call to make. Even with a very large pot, there’s the issue of domination and you’re position. 1.5 outs for the A, 2 for both backdoor draws combined, .5 for the 8, for a total of 4. You need 11:1, which you are getting, but it may be raised behind you, so it’s close. But, I don’t think I make that call. The turn and river are standard.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:20 AM

River overcalls are over rated. The BB will call you. That means both players have to fold when they would have both called for your raise to be a mistake. I like to have atleast 4 potential overcallers when going for something like this. Even then I don't do it if I think one of them will overcall the raise.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:23 AM

If CO has a 5, he is calling/reraising. If button has ANYTHING, he is also calling.

Raise every single time. Calling here is a passive crime.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:24 AM

Are you replying to me, or the OP? Because you and I are saying the same thing.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:25 AM

The OP, yours was the last pot on the page when I hit reply so that's who it replied too. My bad.