Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 09:06 PM

Default 524 sngs later at 50+5s....

524 tourneys
41% ITM
32% ROI

1st - 16.5%
2nd - 13.5%
3rd - 11%
4th - 12%
5th - 10%
6th = 16%
7th - 11%
8th - 5%
9th - 4%
10th - 1%

I get rakeback on both sites too woopie. So yeah my stats are probably anamolous, i'm pretty sure 32% ROI won't be sustainable. I want to move up to 109s soon. Also the last 150 or so tourneys were done 8tabling without too much trouble.

Things I've learned:
Push a lot. It's really that simple heh.
The new blind structure means you push later, stay pretty tight at 50-100 level.

What also helped me a ton was to get my HH's reviewed a lot. I actaully had a 'coach' whom i paid to review my HH's.

If anyone is interested in a coaching deal, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

-Pancakeboy
Old 06-18-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: 524 sngs later at 50+5s....

VN. Def. not sustainable though. GL in the future.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:29 PM

Who's the coach? Is the last line in your post referring to you coaching someone else now?
Old 06-18-2005, 09:29 PM

wow this is very impressive.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:31 PM

Yeah. Talk more about this coaching thing. And if you're coaching... did someone coach you how to coach? Can we get coached in that as well?
Old 06-18-2005, 09:40 PM

I meant that I was coached and that I am willing to coach now for a fee as well. My coach is known as "Degen" on the 2+2 forums. He isn't doing any coaching for the time being since he's got other things going on though.

-Pancake
Old 06-19-2005, 08:10 AM

Coaching is -EV. If you're good enough to be a coach you'll make more at the tables instead of teaching the fish how to play. The good thing about coaching is the fact that variance isn't that bad =)
Old 06-19-2005, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Coaching is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not true. if you have ever taught anything, you will know that you end up learning the subject matter more deeply by teaching it.

i taught my gf to play sngs, and it improved my game i think.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:49 PM

I agree. You need a much clearer, more fluid understanding of a subject to teach it to anywhere near the level you can do it than you do just to do it at that level yourself. I've taught a few different things and it has helped my own understanding every time.

Especially interesting is that one teaching style doesn't fit all, so if you're not just throwing yout stuff out there without caring if it's really learned or not but actually really want people to learn, you sometimes have to come up with multiple angles on material to teach the same thing in different ways, adapted to the student. And that requires a really solid command of the material and ability to actively focus and listen. The easiest assumption is that everyone is just like you, so you don't have to put much thought into communicating, as everything you say is completely obvious to anyone with half a brain. But there are different levels of teaching ability, just like there are different levels of understanding and types of student orientation, background, and ability. Sometimes everything is really straightforward, but there's a bit of an art to it, sometimes quite a bit. Being able to teach something can be surprisingly different from being able to do it and require very different skills.