Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Folding QQ preflop!

This happened a few days ago. I didn't have any stats or reads on the villain. Fold, or beat him into the pot?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO ($20.40)
Button ($16.95)
SB ($2.30)
BB ($27.05)
UTG ($49.90)
UTG+1 ($64.95)
MP1 ($20.75)
Hero ($23.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $12.35
Old 12-09-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Folding QQ preflop!

Without stats, I'm looking him up. Could be any pp 88-AA or AK. You are ahead of most of villain's holdings.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:23 PM

Dude this is 25nl, he could have 77, AK, AJs, and maybe KK and AA, but I tend to find our opponents like to make small raises with the bigger pairs. Put him in and laugh as you drag his stack towards you. Then type "you suck fishtard lolol"
Old 12-09-2005, 12:28 PM

In my experience, this has AK written all over it. At these levels, donkeys don't know how to play aces or kings preflop after a raise. I'm pushing.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:08 PM

You're probably ahead, but I don't lose sleep over these folds. I only remember the times I call and see AA, KK and get pissed. Or when villain has AK (or worse), I lose the coinflip and get REALLY pissed.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:17 PM

i would fold, but apparently i am a weak-tight bitch. btw, this is only without ANY reads. if i have seen him do anything stupid at all, or raise a little too often, i would push. a year ago, i would insta-push. the games are a little different now.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would fold, but apparently i am a weak-tight bitch. btw, this is only without ANY reads. if i have seen him do anything stupid at all, or raise a little too often, i would push. a year ago, i would insta-push. the games are a little different now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is not weak tight. It might not be optimal play, but it is not weak tight. I would say it is more tentative. You could probably flip a coin every time here. Just depends how much gambooooooooool you are feeling at that moment [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 04:04 PM

I'm curious. Given that QQ is only a small favorite against AK, how often do you need to see JJ-22 or Ax for this to be profitable?

Given the way it played, I probably fold, because I expect to see AA, KK or AK most of the time here, and JJ pretty rarely. When you're up against AA or KK, you're crushed, and those times you're up against AK, you're really not giving up much equity.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious. Given that QQ is only a small favorite against AK, how often do you need to see JJ-22 or Ax for this to be profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean excluding AA/KK then how 'bout never?

You're telling me you'd fold if you somehow knew he had AK? Me confused [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 04:28 PM

Isura-

FWIW, I think folding here is okay. I think he most interesting part of the hand is the amount CO raised.

As I remember that game, which I am not too far removed from, players will occasionally make these huge raises with jj, tt, and even smaller pairs. they just want to take down the pot right then and there. However, the majority of the time they seems to have what they are representing.

Without any notes/reads/or stats I am comfortably folding here.