Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 07:52 PM

Default AA how do i do this cheaper

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter

Button ($49.25)
SB ($32.35)
BB ($87.65)
Hero ($44.46)
UTG+1 ($12.4)
MP1 ($50.3)
MP2 ($34.3)
MP3 ($49.5)
CO ($158.42)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, UTG+1 calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($6) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls $5.

Turn: ($16) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, MP3 calls $5.

River: ($26) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>,MP3 is all in [37.75] Hero folds.

Final Pot: $66.95

he had JJ
Old 05-02-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: AA how do i do this cheaper

You coreographed your weakness with the 5 betting, increase your bets, hell raise you if he has a hand.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:19 PM

To be honest, I don't like your play on any street. What was your thought process?

Raise more preflop or limp. UTG raises like this often get called in multiple places, and AA is tough out of position.

The flop is horrible. Pot it to see where you're at, but I'm probably not betting again. If you had raised more preflop, your pot bet would be bigger and would help define where you are in the hand.

The turn card is horrible too. That's just an ugly board. Stop betting. You don't really beat anything at this point. Check and hope the villian bets small and lets you see a cheap river card.

Why bet five on the river? What's the point?

As a general tip, don't start underbetting after you potted the flop. This screams weakness and smart players will take advantage of it.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, I don't like your play on any street. What was your thought process?

Raise more preflop or limp. UTG raises like this often get called in multiple places, and AA is tough out of position.

The flop is horrible. Pot it to see where you're at, but I'm probably not betting again. If you had raised more preflop, your pot bet would be bigger and would help define where you are in the hand.

The turn card is horrible too. That's just an ugly board. Stop betting. You don't really beat anything at this point. Check and hope the villian bets small and lets you see a cheap river card.

Why bet five on the river? What's the point?

As a general tip, don't start underbetting after you potted the flop. This screams weakness and smart players will take advantage of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is YOUR thought process??? Raise more or limp? Limping is terrible and hero raised 3.5BB from UTG, that raise is fine. Yes, it could be $2 or $2.50 but limping is the worst thing I've ever heard unless you're at an aggressive table and hoping to limp reraise.

$5 into a $6 pot on the flop is a fine bet. I don't know what you mean by "pot it"

On the turn I would bet 2/3 pot. If you're called or raised then, you can be done with the hand as you're not beating anything except an overplayed straight draw. Check/fold the river.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hero raised 7BB from UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the BB was $0.50 so the hero made it 3.5x the BB. Either way, the preflop raise from UTG is fine.

[ QUOTE ]

$5 into a $6 pot on the flop is a fine bet. On the turn I would bet 2/3 pot. If you're called or raised then, you can be done with the hand as you're not beating anything except an overplayed straight draw. Check/fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Remember, you only have one pair. As it is, you got away pretty cheaply.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the BB was $0.50 so the hero made it 3.5x the BB. Either way, the preflop raise from UTG is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, my bad.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, my bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it hard to raise more than 3.5x UTG in pot limit, I dunno about you
Old 05-02-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently I just find it hard to read [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh..... Whoops. My fault. There are so few pot-limit posts on this board that I totally missed that.

[ QUOTE ]
limping is the worst thing I've ever heard unless you're at an aggressive table and hoping to limp reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he should be looking to re-raise, I figured that went without saying.

[ QUOTE ]
$5 into a $6 pot on the flop is a fine bet. I don't know what you mean by "pot it"

[/ QUOTE ]

I know he potted it. Admittedly my post would have been different if I had realized this was a pot limit game, but both of us made that mistake =)