Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Psycology of poker

[ QUOTE ]
Dr. Al wrote an excellent book. I hope he comes on here and flames you for that. Although, he's too much of a gentleman, so he probably won't. I agree, ITPM is a great book as well. But to reduce Dr. Al's book to Dr. Phil and Oprah isn't fair. There is a good deal of great information in it.
I think it's a shame that Feeney no longer plays poker as his contributions could be very profound.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I found Dr Al's book helpfull also.

On a seperate note, do you know why Dr Feeney has stoped playing?
Old 12-20-2005, 01:00 PM

I don't know why, but he posted a few weeks ago and said he doesn't play poker anymore. To me, that makes no sense. Why would someone stop playing when there are more fish than ever before, i.e. more profit to be made?
Old 12-20-2005, 01:11 PM

That's what I was thinking. Now is better than ever for him to take advantage of his own poker knowledge and experience.

Maybe he's just focusing more in his original field- Psychology. After all, he has a Ph.D [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 01:24 PM

Wow this thread surely got off to a late start but by judging from your comments it seems like it's a matter of personal taste. Some like it and some don't. I ordered it today so I will have to see what I think about it. I just wish it had some part in it that took care of me throwing chairs and stuff when losing.

Cheers
Old 12-20-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wish it had some part in it that took care of me throwing chairs and stuff when losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a different book for that...