Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Running bad......

After a hugely successful weekend of side games at the WSOP circuit event at Lake Tahoe (playing more experienced players at slightly higher limits), I came back to my local B&M cardrooms with renewed energy. Excluding my first session, I have now experienced twelve losing sessions in a row. I've switched games, stepped down in limits, etc. etc. Against everything that I have learned, the psycological effect is beginning to be noticed be me, if not some of my opponents. Any stories/words of encouragement out there?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Running bad......

Hang tough.

Check out the psych forum.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:50 AM

The Psychology forum rocks. I haven't been there in a while, but you get very good advice there. All I can say is take a breather, evaluate your game, and decide whether the losses were due to tilting play or genuinely bad luck.

Even in the case of bad luck where you were playing absolutely correctly (which is doubtful considering the number of sessions) you'd still need a break to prevent tilt. Not that twelve sessions in a row cannot produce bad results simply due to normal variance, it can, absolutely, I just have my doubts.

Are you in a position to take a break? Only you know. One thing is for sure, you need to get your head together before you sit down at another table.

Good luck!

Onaflag............
Old 06-04-2005, 12:58 AM

I have also been running bad and know how you feel. It seems like you are just not playing YOUR game, you are playing everyone elses. You are just not winning, and it gets frustraiting. While my swing is not as bad, I play mostly with friends, so in a way it is worse. I have to hear my super-laggy friends go like "oh you don't play enough hands" and then watch the ones I do play get outdrawn. I know I can beat them, but im clouded it feels. Im not playing well, and I just need someone to set me straight, like you.