Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2004, 11:37 PM

Default Where do I fold this TPTK?

Usual party $0.50/$1.00 table. Is this a no-brainer fold when the flop is capped? It sure felt like I was up against a set, but I guess I was a little slow and didn't fully accept it until the turn...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls, Button calls.

River: (24 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 24 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 24 BB, between UTG+1, MP3 and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+1 (24 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows 9c 9s (full house, nines full of kings).
MP3 shows Th 8h (one pair, kings).
Button shows 6d 6s (full house, sixes full of kings).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 24 BB. </font>
Old 06-29-2004, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Where do I fold this TPTK?

I think you folded at exactly the right time. When it's two bets back to you on the turn, there's no way that TPTK is any good.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:15 AM

Looks good, sir. If it was checked to you on the turn, would you have bet?
Old 06-30-2004, 01:31 AM

I would have folded on the flop when it was 3 cold to me. When a guy comes to life and checkraise 4-bets, that's usually my signal to bow out and watch him showdown his set.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded on the flop when it was 3 cold to me. When a guy comes to life and checkraise 4-bets, that's usually my signal to bow out and watch him showdown his set.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. I didn't even notice the check/cap the first time around. It's probably safe to fold here, but enough people like to 'get in on the action' when it's being raised in multiple places that I might still call and see the turn. Dunno. I'll have to think more about it.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:12 AM

I would have folded on the flop when having to call 3 bets cold. Even though you are getting 11-1 to call, you have to think you are up against a set, so the last thing you really want is another King pairing the board, because that will give someone a boat.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:32 AM

Fold on the flop when it comes back to you capped. You have to believe one of these three has a set

Any other advice is from someone who didnt read the history very closely.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold on the flop when it comes back to you capped. You have to believe one of these three has a set

Any other advice is from someone who didnt read the history very closely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, you're right. I thought it was only two bets back to him, not three. Fold the flop...