Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 03:56 AM

Default I\'ll never see it again

In only the second week I had been playing stud H/L, one of my opponents hit 7 cards which resulted in his winning board being A234567 all [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - have just calculated the odds on this and it appears it is 1 in 33,446,140 to get this hand. If only I'd saved the hand history. He got called all the way to the river though so not big pot, just a huge hand. I'm presuming that hand is the equivalent of the royal flush in hold'em in terms of being the best possible H/L hand you can get?

P.S. has anyone noticed how quiet the skins have got for stud since the switchover, seems like it is only worth playing on Party now?
Old 10-11-2005, 08:40 AM

Default Re: I\'ll never see it again

Last time I played stud/8 at the Taj one player showed a steel wheel. I thought that was rare enough :0)
Old 10-11-2005, 10:50 PM

A friend of mine hit a six-card straight flush a while back. Seven-card straights and flushes are hard enough to come by, let alone straight flushes.

I'm reminded of a guy who used to play at Canterbury. Wally was 75 or so. He said, "I had a straight flush once in 1947. Haven't had one since."
Old 10-12-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine hit a six-card straight flush a while back. Seven-card straights and flushes are hard enough to come by, let alone straight flushes.

I'm reminded of a guy who used to play at Canterbury. Wally was 75 or so. He said, "I had a straight flush once in 1947. Haven't had one since."

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. As it was only my second week playing and happened about 6 months ago I didn't really appreciate the odds, was only when I bothered to calculate them yesterday that I realised it was pretty special.