Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 01:52 PM

Default $100 party tourney with Colson10

I played with Colson10 this weekend in a $100 tourney on Party (though he may not know that). Not sure how someone who has played in multiple EPT events can focus in a $100 event, but that's another story.

We were down to three or four tables. Colson was on the BB with about 1.5x the avg stack.

There were three limpers, including the SB. Colson went all-in and had all three limpers covered. One of the limpers wrote in the chat something to the effect of "He has nothing, you should call him." After much deliberation, the first limper called and the other two folded.

Colson10 had K8 and the limper had A10. A10 held up and Colson was effectively out of the tournament.

Instead of mindlessly berating the guy who spoke up in the chat, Colson complimented the limper on his call and suggested to the guy in the chat that he refrain from making comments like that.

I thought it was refreshing to see "sportsmanship" like that. All too often, we are condescending and rude toward fellow players, particularly to those players who make playing poker profitable.

Kobe
Old 05-31-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: $100 party tourney with Colson10

I'm fairly new to tournaments, but I've seen that happen too -- people telling others that the all-in has nothing and/or should be called. Seems like people allow their personal confidence override their sense of fair play -- they shouldn't "coordinate" play with others, but can't help showing off what they feel they know.

Do you guys know if Party (or the other sites) have a policy about this?
Old 05-31-2005, 02:01 PM

Having met Carl in Monaco, I can confirm that he's definitely a class act. I agree, its refreshing to have younger players like Carl, Brandon (Schaefer), and Gavin (Griffin) who are extremely professional and mindful of others.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:42 PM

That's why I like sites that temporarily disable chat when another player goes all-in. I wouldn't play another tournament at whatever site that was again. I think all sites should adopt that.