Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: How come I cant pull the trigger on the river?

Bet the pot.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]there is NO EFFING WAY this is getting called
Old 03-19-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bet the pot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there is NO EFFING WAY this is getting called

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point being...?
-My POV is this: #1-bet the pot, get called, you win the hand as opposed to bet just a little, you make a little, but you aren't going to get any long term equity from it.
#2- bet the pot, don't get called and learn whether this is a player that will fold down on weak hands. Higher EV+ imo.
Ez
Old 03-20-2005, 04:51 AM

When I flop a flush and someone bets into me I usually raise. This is how I might play with the Kc an Ace or set so it will be harder to put me on the flush and if my opponent has a hand like a set 2 pair or a smaller flush he might reraise, if you just call and the 4th club hits on the turn he might be able to get away from the hand or if the turn is another ace you might get scared and think he has filled up and not get the maximum value out of your hand. I will just call sometimes though to mix it up especially if my opponent is agressive and bluffs alot or there are players left to act behind me like in this hand.
If I just call on the flop I will usually just call again on the turn though since calling the flop and then raising when a blank hits on the turn just looks very much like a flush. On the river I will bet or raise the pot. If he calls, great. If he doesn't I will play the same way when I have just the Kc next time.

On the river in this hand I would raise since it's very unlikely your opponent filled up and then made such a weak bet, he would likely put you all-in or check-raise.
If you were playing with deeper stacks against a very good player then it's possible you don't want to raise and possibly face a big reraise but here you only have 100$ left after calling, if you raise your opponent will be getting good odds and will probably pay you off with alot of hands you beat.