Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2004, 08:04 AM

Default QQ UTG+1 - strange turn and river play by villain

Villain had a VP$IP around 40% according to PT. I hadn't noticed anything else specific about him.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ...

What do I make of a turn 3-bet and a river check???
Old 10-30-2004, 08:19 AM

Default Re: QQ UTG+1 - strange turn and river play by villain

I definitely bet the river for value. If you get check-raised, so be it. I mean, if he's tricky enough to trap you like that with the best hand, there isn't much you can do there.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:12 AM

Villian might have gained an OESD or flush draw on the turn and tried to semi-bluff you out of the hand with that raise, given the fairly raggedy nature of the board. I'd bet the river for value as that card didn't help either case at all. After his raise on the turn I doubt he'd try a check raise on the river with a made hand.
Old 10-30-2004, 04:46 PM

Default Results

I couldn't make sense of his play so I chickened out and clicked check, he checked behind and showed QJo. MHIG. I have no idea why he 3-betted the turn, maybe he clicked the wrong button.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:20 PM

This looks like fancy play syndrome. I'd check behind
Old 10-30-2004, 05:25 PM

with im doing that 3 bet on the turn and checking the river i think its safe to say you should bet, does he expect you to bet on the river after he blew his load on the turn and you just called? i doubt hed risk the check raise at that lvl of play.