Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-24-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Parking Lot Pet Peeves

So today I was walking through the 1st floor of the Bellagio parking garage, noticing an unusual number of cars idling and moving slowly. I couldn't remember if my car was parked on the 1st or 2nd floor, so I made a casual sweep through the 1st level to make sure.

As I was doing this, I had numerous people roll down their windows and ask me if I was about to leave. They were stopped and blocking traffic, plus I didn't know where my car was parked, so I told them no.

It turns out my car was parked on the 2nd floor, where there were vast amounts of open spaces. So obviously my pet peeve in parking lots/garages are people who wait upwards of 1-2 minutes, blocking traffic, in order to grab a parking spot that someone might be backing out of. Had they taken the time to drive up another level they would have easily found a spot, without greatly inconveniencing others.

Personally I normally just automatically park on the 2nd or 3rd level whenever I go to places like Wynn and Bellagio, simply because I know I will find a spot on those floors 99% of the time, whereas the 1st floor is generally occupied. Anyone else have this or other annoyances in parking lots?
Old 12-24-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Parking Lot Pet Peeves

My biggest parking annoyance is stupid-ass [censored] giant SUVs and vans I can't see around when backing out of a space. I don't have a problem with them on the roads; it's really only in parking lots that they annoy me.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:39 PM

No similar story, but I almost always just drive up to the top of the garage if it's not raining, and the level just below that if it is. Parking on the 1st floor is just a waste of time mostly.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:53 AM

whenever i take up two parking spots so no one will accidetally walk too close to my car i somehow usually end up with a big key scratch going down my door.

wtf. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2005, 03:56 AM

I hate the pricks who park their monster trucks in compact spaces.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:24 AM

My parking lot pet peeve? Lazy f**ks who leave shopping carts in the middle of parking spaces.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:16 AM

I always seem to park in a lot where two immortals battle it out. As if the slashed tires and dented hoods weren't enough, then that stupid quickening happens and all the windows and headlights blow out too! I always loose my head when that happens!
Old 12-25-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whenever i take up two parking spots so no one will accidetally walk too close to my car i somehow usually end up with a big key scratch going down my door.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deservedly so, IMO.

I can't stand those [censored] who take up two spots.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Deservedly so, IMO.

I can't stand those [censored] who take up two spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to sometimes. the 96 civic that i drive (my mother's) is very valuable and you can't risk something happening to it.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I always seem to park in a lot where two immortals battle it out. As if the slashed tires and dented hoods weren't enough, then that stupid quickening happens and all the windows and headlights blow out too! I always loose my head when that happens!

[/ QUOTE ]

if you had a *, i'd point astroglide at that post in the hopes that hilarity removes *s. gg.