Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 08:17 AM

Default What happened last night on ESPN on the Jennifer Harman bad beat hand?

I caught the brutal beat where the guy caught the 7d to get a straight flush to beat her boat, but what was she talking about when she was saying the other guy was rude? What did he say?

Thanks. It's bugging me.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Re: What happened last night on ESPN on the Jennifer Harman bad beat hand?

I think she was complaining that he was essentially CALLING all-in (or going to go all in for another chip) and hemmed and hawwed and put on an act with the nuts...but the wording she used, I missed and haven't had a chance to go back and check on the TiVo.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: What happened last night on ESPN on the Jennifer Harman bad beat hand?

[ QUOTE ]
I think she was complaining that he was essentially CALLING all-in (or going to go all in for another chip) and hemmed and hawwed and put on an act with the nuts...but the wording she used, I missed and haven't had a chance to go back and check on the TiVo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I meant to TiVo it and I completely forgot. I have to catch it on the reruns.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:00 AM

dude jenn way overreacted on this. she got beat and couldn't deal, she basicly acted like a spoiled little kid.....
Old 10-12-2005, 09:33 AM

Default I just found out the reason..

My friend just reminded me. She put him all in and he thought about it and said, "I guess if I lose this hand I'll have a lot of sightseeing to do".. Then she kept going on and on saying, "that was a nice speech you did"
Old 10-12-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: I just found out the reason..

he knew he had the nuts. just call and flip over your cards.

i would've been upset if i were jenn. completely uncalled for grandstanding, probably just to get on TV.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:00 PM

This should be in WPT, not MTT.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:12 PM

Watching the replay right now. I don't think he did any grandstanding, he didn't delay for a looong period of time. I see nothing wrong with what he did. If I saw it right, she bet, he made his comment and raised all in, she called. He then flipped over the nuts. Where is the problem?
Old 10-12-2005, 12:13 PM

Nah, I think that the hand would have made it to TV, just because of the amazing board. However, I would have reacted badly too, I mean, it is the WSOP. That having been said, the guy kinda acted dick after he won the hand too.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:18 PM

As I am still sitting here watching it, it's amazing that she keeps talking to the guy. Why doesn't she just move on? I guess she's never made a comment that she shouldn't have? I guess she's never pissed anyone off with a move?

GROW UP .. sometimes you don't win, sometimes you do. If her attitude turns this bad when she loses, maybe she should find another occupation