Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 07:13 PM

Default HOLD\'EM POKER by David Sklansky

please help me out here, why am I not thinking like sklansky here? from the book (Holde'm Poker) on page 89-90 part six: reading hands. I read the player like this: on the flop I put he'm on Q + lower kicker, I agree if he had a pair of queens he would have raised preflop, I also find it possible that he flopped a set of deuces, and a pair of sevens is very unlikely since I got the most of them,
and he would not be so stupid to raise on only a pair of two's, also a flush draw is possible, since some foes raise with only a 4 flush hoping to make a bigger pot, and he only calls when the three of spades comes, that indicates that he might be on a flush draw, being more passive since its not a heart, he may think that he's draw is busted and just makes a crying call to se the river, on the river he raises again on the 8 of clubs, now the flush is out of the question,I now must put hem on Q8 just as Sklansky wrote, he also wrote that a set of deuces amongst others can be lumped together and that trips of two's is impossible. why is three deuces impossible? some players raise pretty aggressivly when they flop a set? specially if a flush draw is out. Im trying to learn as mush as I possibly can but this I dont get, maybe some of you have this book, can you check it out and tell me what he means. thanx
Old 03-20-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: HOLD\'EM POKER by David Sklansky

use the enter key a bit more
Old 03-20-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: HOLD\'EM POKER by David Sklansky

I can't read this and I'm not even going to try. Re-word this with a clear and concise question that you have.