Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 06:13 AM

Default Re: Bubble push with AQ

i guess what i mean is, say 4 people left, if i have what i expect to be the best hand out of my next 4, then push.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:20 AM

Again, that depends really. The main thing is to keep Fold Equity (so you have enough to make the people after you fold, without the best hands), often times on the bubble, your hand doesn't really matter (when opening).
Old 11-18-2005, 06:29 AM

could you explain fold equity a little more? i've heard about it but really don't understand it.

another problem i get is with blind steals. just now i sucked out 3rd by one guy going out the hand before my blinds put me at 0. i started ahead with 4 people a bit, but they raise my blind and i don't have that great of cards, what can i do but fold my chips away?
Old 11-18-2005, 07:30 AM

There's so many variables that are at stake, you're probably better off getting SNGPT and playing around with that, it's not cheap, but worth it. It's by eastbay. Fold equity just really is a posh way of saying 'how likely are they to fold to my (re-)raise/push'.