Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 07:03 AM

Default Re: QQ first hand at 6-max table

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a no-brainer fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
You need Villain making strange limp/reraise play with sth worse than AK/AA/KK and even then you are probably only 2-1 favourite. FOLD.

Best wishes !
Old 08-11-2005, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, you should have raised more to further convey that impression. I'm making it at least 12 there and possibly even 15.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to have somebody thinking in exactly the same way as I do.

Best wishes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 08:15 AM

You're probably a 4-1 favorite.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:29 AM

This is a clear cut call.

I have been in this situation twice and once faced a medium PP and the other J-rag.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have been in this situation twice and once faced a medium PP and the other J-rag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I understimated maniacs at Party...
I think almost always you will see AA/KK/AK or Ax here.
I am interested in what Hero did here, results please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I normally play full ring but have been running bad so switched to 6-max for a change of pace. The game is 5-handed, I just sat with $200, villain has me covered by about $10. I've never seen him before.

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, fold, SB completes, I make it $10 to go w/QQ, UTG folds, villain pushes, SB folds.

Is this a no-brainer fold? I've never seen an overlimp/reraise at 6-max (occasionally it happens in the first couple seats of full ring and is almost always AA/KK)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you let running bad cloud your judgement. You've got the third best possible preflop hand and this guy is actively working to chase you out of the pot. I think you had him crushed.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I understimated maniacs at Party...
I think almost always you will see AA/KK/AK or Ax here.
I am interested in what Hero did here, results please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the key thing here is the guy originally limped from the CO. Not many people are limping in after 1 limper with AA,KK here. I just don't buy it and would call. I think you are easily ~70/30 at a min against Ax here and possible 80/20 against a lower PP.

Edit: Also being the first hand at the table leans it even more to a call for me cause there is 1 less person left to act that he could have a read on that could possibly explain why he would limp with AA,KK from the CO.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Also being the first hand at the table leans it even more to a call for me cause there is 1 less person left to act that he could have a read on that could possibly explain why he would limp with AA,KK from the CO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, there is a non-zero chance that he has limp/pushed the last 10 hands in a row.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you let running bad cloud your judgement. You've got the third best possible preflop hand and this guy is actively working to chase you out of the pot. I think you had him crushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I learnt sth new today. Seriously. I thought that I was just sane to fold this preflop. Now I start thinking that I am just a puss....
Old 08-11-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I learnt sth new today. Seriously. I thought that I was just sane to fold this preflop. Now I start thinking that I am just a puss....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it is a puss fold at all. I just think that it is unlikely that you are behind more often than you are ahead here. It is for reasons like these that I am uncomfortable playing at higher limits. Making this call for $10 or $25 is a lot easier.