Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-27-2005, 06:30 AM

Default 99 vs. two tricky players

yes i know i should raise preflop so shutup about that (this would not change the flop action i promise with these players). i got very frustrated here, especially once i saw the turn. MP and CO both had nothing on the flop. i didn't know how else to react when 3-bet though.

my flop raise was to try to knockout CO who has a history of bluffing into flops. however MP really screwed me up.

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:36 AM

Default Re: 99 vs. two tricky players

Call the 3-bet. Don't be results oriented.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:38 AM

i wasn't trying to be. but honestly even though they are tricky, how do i predict a 3-bet with air? and if i didn't hit my 2-outer how the hell do you play the hand from then on?

i just feel confused. there's tricky and plain retarded.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how do i predict a 3-bet with air? and if i didn't hit my 2-outer how the hell do you play the hand from then on? i just feel confused. there's tricky and plain retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

- You predict whether they will three bet with air by observing them play prior hands. You can't predict it the first time. You made a good fold on that flop.

- With opponents like this you play all your hands more strongly and you fold less frequently. Reraise his raises, punishing him for his recklessness. How much so depends on how much they overplay their hands. Sometimes they will have a hand however and you will pay them off. It can be tricky. One or more others may join in when they realize what the maniac is doing and the aggression starts increasing from from various directions as other persons try to isolate the maniac. The maniac may then shift their playing style so watch them closely.

- It can be confusing, especially at first. Yes, their play is retarded. They will usually be losing large quantities of money fast to prove it.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call the 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

You noticed the 3-bet was a check/3-bet? You don't think that indicates he has at least a J or better? Very dry board, small pot...
Old 12-27-2005, 06:57 AM

I would like to add, that if we had a read that these guys are maniacs and will 3-bet with nothing on a regular basis, then I can see the calldown. But we have no such read.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:00 AM

what i meant was they have played tricky so far, but i hadn't observed a ton of hands exactly.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:26 AM

I thought you were a troll...if you can explain why you didnt raise PF, I'll give you $100
Old 12-27-2005, 07:32 AM

thanks for reading my post
Old 12-27-2005, 07:33 AM

thats no reason for not raising...no $100

ps.

troll