Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-22-2005, 01:45 AM

Default A7o from the BB, six handed. Too loose PF?

Other than the PF call I think I played it fine. This is my 3rd hand at the table, and Villain left a few hands later. So, not even any hindsight reads.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG :#A500AF(Villain)/ raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, MP calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Villain calls, MP folds.

River: (13.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.70 BB
Old 12-22-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: A7o from the BB, six handed. Too loose PF?

Yeah, calling an UTG raise with A7o oop is a little loose, but the rest of the hand looks fine.

Just curious, when he cals your turn 3 bet, why not cap the river?
Old 12-22-2005, 02:01 AM

Way loose. Make it suited and you're on

Edit: wait, we're 5 handed. Eh, I think it's a call in this case, but I'm open to corrections.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:47 AM

postflop I think I would check raise the flop.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the board pairing and villain raising you on the river after hero made it pretty obvious he had the straight I think a call on the river is fine.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:22 AM

Your hand doesnīt play very well 4-way against a legitish raise, which Iīll asume it to be when itīs from 2 off the button and you dont have any read.
The lowest offsuit Ace you can call here is probably AT.
You can call alot of suited hands though when getting 7.5:1 if you play well after the flop [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think check-calling the flop is fine, you dont get value on a check-raise and dont think a semibluff will work here very often.
I like your turnplay and riverplay.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the board pairing and villain raising you on the river after hero made it pretty obvious he had the straight I think a call on the river is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was pretty much it exactly. I intended to cap the river if possible (I had put Villain on trips) until the pair card hit. I didn't want to miss the bet if I was wrong, so I bet/called. It was obvious he had his "raise any" box checked by the way the action went down, so I decided to just call.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:05 PM

With two coldcalls in front, I call this all day. There are very few hands that are worth folding getting 7:1 and closing the action. You have the best relative position to play a small ace here, as well -- you essentially get to act last on the flop as UTG will almost always bet.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:46 PM

I like it. One question, if the button would have called the flop instead of folding, would you have done anything differently?