Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 12-18-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Your call?

you're right, as others have said. verbal declaration of your bet stands..

but come on man, learn how to make a bet like a man. this stacks of 2 chips thing has to go. cut off bigger stacks
Old 12-18-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Replies...

First of all sorry if I sounded like a douche. I had to say it was a home game in a college dorm, and the fact that we've been playing for over a year together and nothing like this ever occured. I know as the best player there I'm not necessarily right, which is why I posted here. And furthermore, I do not always think I can bust aces and kings with 26o, but I am always willing to call a raise because I know they cannot lay down aces or kings if I flop big, and I have huge implied odds.

Secondly, it seems that some people think I just throw my chips out and change my mind whenever I want. I never do or intend to do that, and seriously it's just to save time, minimal as it is. Rather than count out how much I want THEN putting it in, I'm doing it AS i put it in. And rather than announce it before I put it in, I announce it AS I'm putting it in. I always declare how much I make it before the last chips leave my hand. I know it sounds dumb, but I like to save time. And yes, I did not have enough chips the first time I stuck my hand in, but before the chips left my hand I verbalized the intention to raise more. Dunno if that works.

And last of all, it IS a casual college game that we used to play pretty much 5 days out of 7 last year, it reduced somewhat this year but it's EXTREMELY casual. Announcing raises and literally saying raise is pretty rare, there's anything from "ill make it 8", "raise 3", "double it", "call and add 4 more" to "i'll put <john> all in" when it's a 5 way pot with everyone still left to act. First time it's come up really. I had to talk about my playstyle and how I busted people with marginal holdings only because I think he was really steamed when I busted him earlier, and had to throw that out to be considered.

SOrry again for sounding like a douche, but obviously us poker players have a bit of a ego to uphold...especially college ones like me
Old 12-18-2005, 03:50 PM

ITs a string bet, no decsion there. You must either
1 announce your raise before putting your chips in the poit or

2 move your bet into the pot in one motion.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Replies...

[ QUOTE ]
it IS a casual college game...it's EXTREMELY casual.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then your move should be allowed.

[ QUOTE ]
"call and add 4 more"

[/ QUOTE ]

If you allow that - then your move really has to be allowed.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:41 PM

Could you remind us two or three times more that you're the best player in your game? Maybe not everyone caught that part the first two couple of times...
Old 12-18-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you remind us two or three times more that you're the best player in your game? Maybe not everyone caught that part the first two couple of times...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

You could quote it for him if you think people missed it.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, just some background info for this controversy. I'm in a college dorm, and we've been playing for about a year and a half. Nothing ever in dispute really happened, and I'm recognized as the best player so usually I call most rules.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-18-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all sorry if I sounded like a douche. I had to say it was a home game in a college dorm, and the fact that we've been playing for over a year together and nothing like this ever occured. I know as the best player there I'm not necessarily right, which is why I posted here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-18-2005, 04:56 PM

good thing i made another 50 dollar bet that writing I was the best player would inevitably annoy some douche who knows neither me or the people I play with so much he has to post a couple of times with nothing useful to add....
Old 12-18-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good thing i made another 50 dollar bet that writing I was the best player would inevitably annoy some douche who knows neither me or the people I play with so much he has to post a couple of times with nothing useful to add....

[/ QUOTE ]

ladies and gentlemen, he does it one more time for the record! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] There's the hat trick!

your auto-ego-stroking doesn't annoy me; i just find it really funny [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]