Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-13-2005, 12:12 AM

Default how to get premiership soccer tickets?

I think I'm going to be in London over new year's for the first time, and I'm planning the trip around trying to catch two permiership matches. I'd like to see Chelsea and Arsenal if at all possible, but will take the best I can get if not. anyway, I've seen some brokers listing online who offer such tickets. however, when I look on official club websites, it seems like tickets that far ahead aren't even on the market yet.

anyone have any insight into what I should expect? approx prices? online brokers, or scalpers at game time? thanks.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:44 AM

Default Re: how to get premiership soccer tickets?

If you want to go to Chelsea or Arsenal premiership games you will have an extremely hard time getting tickets by conventional means. A team like West Ham and you are more likely to succeed. Your first port of call should be the official club website - find out when tickets are going on sale, how much they will cost etc. It might be worth your while joining the club as a member first, as you will get priority on tickets that way. As for 'scalpers', who are known as 'touts' over here, how much you will have to pay depends on the game, but you won't have problems finding touts outside any premiership game. By official means you will be looking at $50ish for a ticket.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:52 PM

Looking at more like $100 a ticket for Chelsea most expensive around. If prepared to travel might get in an away game dpending on were they are playing.

You will be lucky to get a ticket to either club except via a broker or on ebay. MIght be easier next season once Arsenal move to their new ground. West Ham or Fulham are better bets, Fulham is mostly full of other teams fans anyway, I sat amongst their fans when my team played then and couldnt beleive how many were supporters of other clubs.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:56 PM

Notice Chelsea are playing away at Sunderland on the 15th if can come over then would be able to get tickets for that and get some good northern hospitality, is an hour on the plane from heathrow.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Notice Chelsea are playing away at Sunderland on the 15th if can come over then would be able to get tickets for that and get some good northern hospitality, is an hour on the plane from heathrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chelsea have had difficulty selling out their Champions League group games. It was easy to get tickets from the box office for the Real Betis match, although they were steep at £50+. That might be an option.

For Arsenal, it's sometimes possible to get tickets for Carling Cup games, though the squad is usually backup players.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:10 PM

Isnt the CL on the winter break then though?
Old 11-13-2005, 06:26 PM

right, I meant to check champions league--which I'll do now. my travel window is around new year's, no other options. there are multiple matches in london area on saturday and monday (big name and not so big name), as well as arsenal-Man U on tuesday. I wouldn't have a problem paying a hundred bucks each for 2 matches, or $200 for one really big name match. thanks all.

okay: no CL at the end of december.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:07 PM

You won't get tickets for Arsenal v. Man U
Old 11-13-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You won't get tickets for Arsenal v. Man U

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I actually looked into Arsenal v Man U tickets a week ago and was quoted £225 each. They'll easily get that, but not from me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2005, 08:12 PM

chelsea and aresenal will be very hard to get tix for right now, I really recomend that you check out a Tottenham match if you want to watch some good football. London has plenty of teams in all of the professional divions.

If you aren't that particular of seeing a great quality of play, you really should check out some of the lower league action, and it will be an interesting time for you.

I was able to see chelsea a few years back when I went over to London and was able to get great seats through the team's homepage. Of course, chelsea tix were easier to get when I went as that was when Bates was still the Chairman