Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 08:13 AM

Default Any eight will win!

I am playing at a club in Dallas. $1/$2 NL cash game; complete donkfest. I have K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button. The game is deepstacked and plays like a 2/5. I raise limpers to $25. One elderly gentleman calls. Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checks to me, I bet pot($60), am called. Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Villain open pushes for $135. I instacall and immediately expose my KK; people who don't show right away aggravate me. River is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain thinks for about 10 seconds, makes a motion to muck his hand, and as he is about to muck, some fat retarded moron blurts out: "Any eight will win!" Villian realizes that while his 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] did not make a flush or two pair or trips, wait!, it makes a straight! Villain apologizes stating that he did not intend a slowroll and just didnt see the straight, and exposes his hand and scoops the $450 pot.
I honestly believe Villian misread his hand and didn't intentionally slowroll. I also honestly believe had that fat retarded moron not said a word, Villain would have mucked. The floorman correctly ruled that the pot belonged to Villain. As Villain starts pulling in what would have been your chips, had fat retarded moron not said a word you look over at F.R.M. and ......Your action?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Any eight will win!

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly believe Villian misread his hand and didn't intentionally slowroll. I also honestly believe had that fat retarded moron not said a word, Villain would have mucked. The floorman correctly ruled that the pot belonged to Villain. As Villain starts pulling in what would have been your chips, had fat retarded moron not said a word you look over at F.R.M. and ......Your action?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see what this guy did that was so wrong? It's not like he said something to kill your action as all the betting was complete. My action... laugh it off and re-buy.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The floorman correctly ruled that the pot belonged to Villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

You called the floor over for this?
Old 11-09-2005, 11:12 AM

You don't see what he did wrong? It is absolutely reprehensible to point out when the board contains straights, 4 flushes, quads, or anything. It's one player to a hand. The dealer and/or floor should warn the "fat moron" not to do this and then he should be taken out and shot.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:23 AM

I would accept defeat, but make sure that F.R.M doesn't say anything else when people are involved in a pot.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:02 PM

Buy him a sandwich and shove it down his throat.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't see what he did wrong? It is absolutely reprehensible to point out when the board contains straights, 4 flushes, quads, or anything. It's one player to a hand. The dealer and/or floor should warn the "fat moron" not to do this and then he should be taken out and shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right! If there's still players involved in a hand then noone not involved should speak if the action is still live. In this case however the involved parties are all-in and it is the showdown. Remarking that any 8 will make a straight affects nothing accept for causing villian in this case to read his hand correctly.

What if I turned my hand face-up on a 4-flush board and said, "you win I just have A-K" and another player remarked, "no you have the flush".
Old 11-09-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would accept defeat, but make sure that F.R.M. is kicked in the nuts, then taken out and shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-09-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What if I turned my hand face-up on a 4-flush board and said, "you win I just have A-K" and another player remarked, "no you have the flush".

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% different. In your case, the villian tables his cards... cards ALWAYS speak so he wins the pot.

How would you feel, if the guy was about to muck his cards for you, but they guy next to him said.. "What are you doing?? You have a flush!!" This violates the 1 person per hand rule and the guy telling the villian this should be kicked in the ass.... errrrr NUTS!

You see the difference here?
Old 11-09-2005, 02:14 PM

I really don't think the one player per hand rule applies once all action is complete. Obviously I'd be pissed if say a 3rd spade came out on the river and some guy goes "there's the flush" because that could affect the action I receive. However in this case all action is complete and F.R.M. is just saying any 8 makes a straight. He's not costing hero any bets here as all the money is already in the pot.

As for the case where the hands are tabled, if a mistake is made awarding the pot it's everyones responsibility to point it out.