Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Dont Understand \"The Village\"

I watched that today and didnt really get what was going on? First I thought I got it, alright they are like some old time people that live out in the woods, they probably believe in Jehova or something. They probably got wind of

Jack the Ripper and decided to leave the city.
Then there are these big things with claws and Im like aw [censored], we got werewolves and [censored], tight. So Im following along and we get to when that dude shows his blind daughter the dead monsters hanging up in that room. Why were they hanging there and why did she have to see them? Was he trying to tell her he killed them all?

Then one of them attacked her but that retard was already in the hole and he fell on him? Or the retard was one, like he could morph into them and he was the bad monster this whole time? Its not adding up.

Then what the [censored] they got cars driving by? Im assuming that thing she climbed was some kind of zone that passed her into the future, but I dont get how that related to the rest of the movie. I dont know, maybe I missed something. Im already for her to go into London or whatever and got some medicine for old hairlip when she passes some time zone thing and goes into the future.

Was it because the monster died? I dont get how this movie makes sense.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Dont Understand \"The Village\"

Were you drunk or high? The thing hanging in the shack was a costume. The retard was wearing the costume when he went after the blind chick. The village was a group of people who were mad at society for various reasons so they went into a controlled wilderness to shun society and start their own hermit community. They used the monster costume to scare the young ones so they wouldn't try to leave the village. It all takes place present day in some forest property that one of the villagers owned.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Were you drunk or high? The thing hanging in the shack was a costume. The retard was wearing the costume when he went after the blind chick. The village was a group of people who were mad at society for various reasons so they went into a controlled wilderness to shun society and start their own hermit community. They used the monster costume to scare the young ones so they wouldn't try to leave the village. It all takes place present day in some forest property that one of the villagers owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know dude. Is this like Mullholland Drive where everyone puts their own spin on it? Maybe that is how you interpreted stuff, but I dont think its really very clear cut.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know dude. Is this like Mullholland Drive where everyone puts their own spin on it? Maybe that is how you interpreted stuff, but I dont think its really very clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very clear cut.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:01 AM

I think Skip's interpretation almost makes the movie better.

Mr. Shyamalan needs to stop focusing on trick endings in his films.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Skip's interpretation almost makes the movie better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha actually I do too, seriously.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:05 AM

i totally hated the way the movie ended...i get it...just ruined the suspense that it COULD have had...although u see the ending coming a mile away. Was a bit different than Signs....so i guess i was thinking it would be like that.

U had to have been on something though not to get the basis of this movie...it wasnt very difficult
Old 10-11-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidently its not because I didnt see it that way and other posters are agreeing with my interpretation.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidently its not because I didnt see it that way and other posters are agreeing with my interpretation.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they're not.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. We're not agreeing with you. We're having a little fun with you.

Phoenix's explanation is basically right. Go to The Village on IMDB to read a lot about the film.