Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-22-2005, 04:01 AM

Default How do you guys multitable

(or girls ...)

So, I've been playing the $11s on Prima (they have a mini-view and I have a cheap monitor). Just one table at a time.
Fun, but something of a grind. I've played for several months, and I'm definitely profitable at that level.

I have just started 2-tabling (woo-hoo) and I wondered if you lot

a) Started all your games at the same time so the strategy on all tables would be similar or

b) Staggered the start, so you would only get to the critical/interesting stages one at a time.

As you might guess my results have been somewhat disappointing with the 2-tables, but I still think
it is variance, rather than a large effect of having
two tables on the go.

Bookish
Old 07-22-2005, 04:06 AM

Default Re: How do you guys multitable

I start 4 and try and start new ones as I bust out. If I am currently in a couple tight ITM/Bubble situations and the Empire lobby is acting up (as always) then I will often end up waiting to finish before trying to get another table open.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:42 AM

I start up 4 as close as possible to each other, if I bust out in levels 1-3 then I start up another in its place, if not I play them as a set. When there's only 1-2 left (but not 2 if both on the bubble) then I will start up others in their place.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:45 AM

How many tables do you get in per hour? I do the same and get between 5 and 6.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:55 AM

Prolly around 5/hour if i'm playing well ... more if I'm not [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2005, 05:16 AM

I start 6 to 8 all at once, and will replace one if I bust in level 1. Otherwise i play till all are done, take a break, then start a new set. I like my breaks.

Steve
Old 07-22-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I start 6 to 8 all at once, and will replace one if I bust in level 1. Otherwise i play till all are done, take a break, then start a new set. I like my breaks.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I am a fan of sets as well. I start up 4, and if i bomb out on L1 or 2, then i'll start another. If not, I've been playing until the end.

However, since I usually have one or two tables that go a lot longer (i am 4 tabling 18 and 27 person tourneys - which last up to 1:45...), so I think i might start loading up another set once I am down to the final 3 the games I am fortunate enough to be down to the final ITM spots, since the early levels are fairly mindless.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I start 4 and try and start new ones as I bust out. If I am currently in a couple tight ITM/Bubble situations and the Empire lobby is acting up (as always) then I will often end up waiting to finish before trying to get another table open.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same with me except replace 4 with 3 (working my way up, experience has taught me I'm not quite ready for 4 yet; plus, I like to have some space on the display to read these forums). Oh, and replace Empire with Eurobet.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:50 AM

hey bookish

i think it sucks balls to be on the bubble in 4 STTs at the same time so i like to stagger them or else id be dragging that friggen cursor all in so much id lose track and probably not fold enough.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:11 AM

Use AutoHotKey, then you can use a short cut like ctrl+shift+A.. that's what I do [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]