Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 07-21-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: How old are you? Where do you live? Best poker achievement?

I was born May 23, 1985 (20 years old). I live in Davis, CA, where I'm a third year Economics student. Some of my favorite movies are Big Lebowski, Old School, Dumb and Dumber. I've been playing poker since my senior year in highschool, so a little under 3 years, and online for about a year and a half. I guess my best poker accomplishment is making enough to not have to work for the past two years, and still be able to maintain a higher standard of living than the average college kid. My best accomplishment in tournaments is having about 10 4-figure cashes. My best ring game accomplishment is having a 2.5+ BB/100 in limits between 2/4-5/10 6 max over 70,000 hands.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Here is a picture of me and Pynchon (my basset hound)

[/ QUOTE ]

That dog needs some sleep. Does he play poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

p-dog LOVES poker. It's funny, old people think he's old (he's only 2) and potheads think he smokes too much weed (he only smokes a little (after a rough day of sleeping)). Really he just looks the way he does because he loves providing me foot-warming services while i play poker all night.

its funny you say he needs some sleep. in all seriousness, he sleeps no less than 18 hours a day. he's like his dad, trying to make it in this world making as few movements as possible.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:49 PM

Hi David, I enjoy your posts - and great job over the last 6 months!

I'm 43 (but a young 43 [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])
Married, 2 grown kids out of the house (22 & 19) - aspiring poker players of course
IT Consultant by day - poker player whenever I'm not doing "honey dos" or working
Favorite Movies- Rounders (of course), Star Wars, Good Will Hunting, any Action/Drama flicks, and Team America - World Police to name a few.

I started playing poker in July '03 with $300, my playing BR now is about $13K just 24 months later (backers anyone?).

Since May I've taken down-
A $130 B&M MTT with 33 players - $3000
A $20+2 on PS with 629 players - $2700
A $40+4 on UB with 232 players - $2400

I've finished in the top 11 in 7 of 31 MTTs this week (1-UB, 7-PP, 8-UB, 9-FT, 9-FT, 10-FT, 11-UB) which is an incredible run for me - almost making 7 final tables in one week.

I hope to start qualifying and playing in some of the larger events. The $1500 NL WSOP Event #2 is my high-water-mark buy-in so far. I finished ~750th (of 2305) when my 77 short stack push got called and beat by A2s.

-Don
Old 07-21-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Live w/ soon to be fiance and two cats

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumor has it that GirlfriendMedicine might soon be asked to be QueenMedicine as well.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumor has it that GirlfriendMedicine might soon be asked to be QueenMedicine as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very nice. Think she'll say yes? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2005, 05:56 PM

-I'm 22, born on Oct 12, 82
-Just moved to Dallas, but I'm from Colorado
-Been married for 2.5 years to my lovely wife Kendra
-I'm a media planner for Pepsi
-Best poker accomplishment was placing 2nd two out of 3 nights in a row in the nightly 30+3 tourney on Absolute, netting 800 bucks in 3 days. Since then have become way too aggressive and am close to having no roll. I'm learning though. Been playing since August.
-My other hobby is writing, and am working on two novels.
-Favorite movies are American Beauty and Moulin Rouge.

That's it!

Brad
Old 07-21-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I made this post about 6 months ago, and it had a very good response from the forum; you can find it here

Since the forum has grown big time since, I thought it would be a good idea to hear from all the present regulars to the forum.

I'd like to know about some of the members in the forum.

How old are you? Birthday?

Where do you live?

Philly
Are you married? Girlfriend/Boyfriend? Children?

G/f
Occupation besides poker?

Quant financial analyst for 5 years, getting into portfolio management
If studying, what and where?

3-4 classes to go towards my PHD in Econ from Temple U. Definitely plan to complete the class work b/c I like the stuff, but I work full time, love poker, spending time with friends/gf, family, and make good money so I dont know if I will take my exams and/or write a PHD dissertation. Time will tell.
Favorite movie?

Godfather I, Shawshank, Rounders, Crash, Van Wilder, Animal House, Goodwill Hunting, Tombstone, Pulp Fiction

Best poker acomplishment? How long been playing?

Playing for 3 years, serious for 1-1.5. A few 3K+ cashes on UB and empire, running 2 6max 50$ NL tables up to 400$ and 650$ drunkenly blowing off steam (very drunk) when UB shut down a WSOp satelite when I was chip leader.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-21-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Very nice. Think she'll say yes? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, she will. heck, whats not to love? skinny men who smoke cigarettes with no real ambitions besides playing poker and hanging out with their dog are vogue right now. You've seen me, i've got to take advantage of this while i can.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:18 PM

How old are you? Birthday? I am 23 (Born April 20th, and yes I know what that day is!!)
Where do you live? I just moved to Reston, VA last month but previously lived for 9 years in Tempe, AZ
Are you married? Girlfriend/Boyfriend? Children? Living with Girlfriend of nearly two years
Occupation besides poker? Before I moved I was a Fraud Investigator for a Credit Union in Arizona, but now I am currently in the job market, so poker has become de facto employment at the moment.
If studying, what and where? I graduated from Arizona State in '04 with a B.S. in Political Science (International)
Favorite movie? Well I own over 200 DVDs (thank you part time job at Best Buy) so my favorites are Pulp Fiction, Chinatown, Resevoir Dogs, Anchorman, and Gladiator
Best poker acomplishment? How long been playing? I didn't play a lot of online tournaments until recently. A few days ago I took down a $22 tournament on 'Stars for $5,200 and the next night made the FT of a WCOOP Double Shootout. Live I've made 3 Final Tables at Fort McDowell's daily tournaments. Ring play (where I mostly play) I have turned a free $20 deposit from Pacific Poker into a bankroll of just over $6000 in 1.5 years. I've also been playing since 2002, so 3 years.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:20 PM

Here I am:

35 years old
I live in San Francisco (native Bay Area)
Single, no girlfriend
My business is a consulting firm to financial advisors
Favorite Movies - Star Wars, The Usual Suspects, Godfather, LOTR, Swingers

Poker - I've been playing for fun for several years but it's really been the last year and a half that I've really tried to improve my game and make it a profitable experience. Best accomplishments: 1st in $500 tourney at WSOP, numerous final tables in online $109 and $162 tournies including several 5 figure cashes and numerous 4 figure cashes, winning trip through Party to St. Marteen IPF Open with final table in a preliminary event.