Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Big pot ...100NL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is an ugly board (mainly turn/river) for you. Villan definitely looks to have an overpair, and the turn/river definitely did not help you.

I put villan on 77/AJ/JJ/QQ/KK/AA. The turn and river are really ugly cards.

I would bet more on the turn. Villan has shown commitment to this hand and a willingness to put $$ into the pot. You will be getting value from a (usually) worse hand, and it also make the river easier to play- you will have ~$60 left, and it will be a 3/4 value bet instead of a full pot bet.

The river is ugly. I don't know what the play would be. Open pushing is ugly, as villan PROBOBLY has us beat. River suggestions would be good from some other posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

River is semi-ugly, but I can't think of a much better turn than the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I don't know how you can put him on KK here. There's a MUCH better chance he simply improved his hand with the King than the chance of him hitting a set. It's an action card and you should be betting more here. What he should have done was bet 25-30 on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you really think villain calls a 3bet on the flop with AK?
Old 12-28-2005, 12:50 PM

C/C his river value bet. All day long.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:52 PM

I don't think your line is too bad although I don't like it at all. Your turn and river bet is just wield. What's up with smallish bet on turn and river push? If you want to push river, you need to bet more on the turn. On the other hand, turn and river card is bad if opponent is very solid. I don't see any solid opponent call that river with hands you beat (very small chance he has AK or two pair). But with his stats, I am not sure...

If you make a decision that you are going broke no matter what (I would probably do the same against that villian), then you need to think about maximize your profit against worse hands. That's why I don't like your line. Alot of flopped 2 pair do not push river like that, I think.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:52 PM

Well, the reason for the smallish turn bet, is as follows. This is probably terrible thinking on my part, but ive bet strong so many times on the turn and had them fold a worse hand. I just wanted to finially make SOME money from a good hand.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and input. Now, what we've all been waiting for.........Villian turned over KK and i promptly threw up for not betting stronger on the flop and letting him stay in for cheap. This hand stung...BAD
Old 12-28-2005, 03:07 PM

Fold PF (get in cheaply with those small pairs and in position if possible).

Ok now that you made the call, you hit your set. Go for a check raise on this flop. The flop most likely did not help villian, unless villian has JJ. Villian would most likely bet half the pot to a full size of the pot...you come over the top 3x whatever he bets. Hopefully he pushes back.

Other than that, I think you played it sound (just got unlucky).
Old 12-28-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the reason for the smallish turn bet, is as follows. This is probably terrible thinking on my part, but ive bet strong so many times on the turn and had them fold a worse hand. I just wanted to finially make SOME money from a good hand.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and input. Now, what we've all been waiting for.........Villian turned over KK and i promptly threw up for not betting stronger on the flop and letting him stay in for cheap. This hand stung...BAD

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'll eat my words now, thanks.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold PF (get in cheaply with those small pairs and in position if possible).

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?