Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 1 - Two vs. Three
Full Metal Jacket (2) 68 52.71%
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (3) 61 47.29%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: How often do you use your second monitor

I dont know how i survived without two monitors.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:14 PM

I play 8 tables on one 17 inch piece of crap. you don't need a second monitor to 8 table. I'm sure it's nice. I am going to get a second one eventually, but if you are thinking of this just as a "poker investment", it is uneccessary. Do what that other dude said. wait till the price drops and go to a strip club for now.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play 8 tables on one 17 inch piece of crap. you don't need a second monitor to 8 table. I'm sure it's nice. I am going to get a second one eventually, but if you are thinking of this just as a "poker investment", it is uneccessary. Do what that other dude said. wait till the price drops and go to a strip club for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously haven't had a second monitor...

Old 10-25-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else besides me play on 2 computers at once?

I play 4 tables on 1 computer, and 1 table on my old computer. It is confusing switching which mouse to use at first, but after a few hours it comes naturally.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 2 machines that I can control with the same mouse and keyboard, look at synergy to do that. synergy2.sourceforge.net

I use the one machine for code development, browsing, IMing, etc, and the laptop for poker, and I control both boxes through the laptop keyboard/external mouse.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:45 AM

no I haven't. I understand it will be a HUGE convinience and improvement for multitabling. But my point still stands. You don't need a second monitor to play 8 tables.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no I haven't. I understand it will be a HUGE convinience and improvement for multitabling. But my point still stands. You don't need a second monitor to play 8 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and you don't need a car to goto the grocery store. But it sure beats walking.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nobody's saying you have to get a 21" LCD. You can get a CRT monitor that will get the job done for less than $100. If you regularly play 8 tables, it's stupid not to drop $100 to make your life a hell of a lot easier.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:11 AM

I started 8 tabling 2 weeks ago, and it's not 100 bucks. you need a card that supports dual monitors, that is not 100 bucks. I am getting a second monitor next month. I think i mentioned that.

My point is the OP is thinking about getting a second monitor simply to 8 table and is unsure if it's a necessary investment. It is not a necessary investment, and if he is already feeling guilty for dropping 400 on his monitor, he might as well wait till he is sure he wants one. He already mentioned he might not care to 8 table after he gets the monitor anyways. you can comfortably 8 table with one monitor, So buying a monitor SIMPLY to 8 table is uneccessary. Especially if you feel you might not keep taging that many tables anyways.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:24 AM

4 monitors here, I probably only need 3, but 4 lets me kick up the resolution
Old 10-25-2005, 02:34 AM

btw I don't want to make it sound like you shouldn't get a second monitor. If you have the cash it will obviously be a nice thing to have. I just want to stress that it isn't necessary to buy just to see if you like 8 tabling. that seems like a bad buy to me. Also you mentioned you did not want poker to feel like work. 8 tabling is going to be work wether you do it on 1 monitor or 8 monitors. I would guess 8 tabling is not something you will keep up, if avoiding the "work feel" is a priority of yours. bottom line - get a second monitor so you can watch full screen movies while you play on the first one, and to occasionaly 8 table.