Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Dont Understand \"The Village\"

[ QUOTE ]
Well I think the werewolves were guarding the rift, and had been for a long time. They were put there to keep people from going back and forth through time all willy nilly. But the humans had killed all but one of them (that's what the guy was telling the blind girl in the shed). There was probably a big war between humans and werewolves and the villagers were the only survivers in the region. It just turned out that the last surviving guardian werewolf was the hamrless retard guy who was living with them (ooh the irony). So the blind girl outsmarted him and reopened the rift.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks dude it completely makes sense to me now!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Skip,

These people were city dwellers in the 1800s. They did not react well to advances in technology and general societal progress and thus left the city and retreated to establish a dwelling in the forest. However, the forest was some sort of "wrinkle in time" and time inside of their forest was progressing at a far slower rate than the rest of the world. At the edges of this time vortex, everything was all f'd up and resulted in the creation of monsters and all sorts of weird random occurrences like morphing. Beyond the edge of the vortex forest, time progressed normally and society advanced, so outside the forest was pretty much modern day time. The interaction between when someone exited the vortex and went into the normal time continuum is likely going to be the basis of the sequel and will be a very interesting concept to explore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, hmm. We pretty much figured out what this movie was about a little higher up in this post, but you are deffinately close, maybe even right.

My view is that the werewolfs guarded the space/time continuum and there was a big war between the werewolfs and humans, and those were the only surviving humans left.

The blind girls dad wound up killing all of the werewolfs except one (that is what he was showing her in the room they are hanging in), and the last werewolf turned out to be the retard living with them. Killing him opened the rift back up.

I am still open to your interpretation though. What do you think of mine?
Old 10-11-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My view is that the werewolfs guarded the space/time continuum and there was a big war between the werewolfs and humans, and those were the only surviving humans left.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is false. This is a time vortex existing in a physical space within our world. We see humans, cars, modern construction at the end of the movie when the girl exits the vortex. Thus, this is not a "rift" between time, nor has there been a "war" killing all the humans. This was a contained vortex only affecting a very small number of people.

[ QUOTE ]
The blind girls dad wound up killing all of the werewolfs except one (that is what he was showing her in the room they are hanging in), and the last werewolf turned out to be the retard living with them. Killing him opened the rift back up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these are some sort of random monsters, not werewolves. When the retard ventured into the edge of the vortex, he morphed. Killing him did not open the rift back up, as I pointed out above, there is no rift, this is a self-contained temporal vortex.

[ QUOTE ]
I am still open to your interpretation though. What do you think of mine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yours has some flaws, but it is in the right ballpark. The main thing to be aware of, though, is that if this were a rift to a parallel universe, the edge of the rift would not be visible from both sides. Because you can see the forest from both sides of the fence, it shows that it is a self-contained vortex.

I think your theory re: the werewolves (or monsters) might have some merit. My feeling is that they are not a fixed number, but can get created as people go into the hazy vortex area. But that is definitely just a hypothesis, as we do not know for sure whether the monsters are a fixed set or can get created.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:11 AM

I am confused when you say the space rift is in our world, do you mean it is like actually real outside of the movie? Or just it is real in the movie?
Old 10-11-2005, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am confused when you say the space rift is in our world, do you mean it is like actually real outside of the movie? Or just it is real in the movie?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I knew the answer to that, I would be the most powerful man on the planet.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:21 AM

Glad someone more capable took over. Extracting all the magic is beyond my means. This movie is too deep for me.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Glad someone more capable took over. Extracting all the magic is beyond my means. This movie is too deep for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly had it pretty much figured out, maybe missing a couple of the more subtle concepts is all.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:05 AM

Wrong. The movie in its entirety was obviously a dream sequence.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Then one of them attacked her but that retard was already in the hole and he fell on him? Or the retard was one, like he could morph into them and he was the bad monster this whole time? Its not adding up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds to me like you actually smoked TOO MUCH pot before watching this movie. I'd say watch it again, a little less high, but this movie is not even worth watching once, IMO.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok. You're right. The retard was actually a werewolf, tight. The one in the shed was a dead werewolf that they found. The fence wasn't really a physical fence, it was a rip in the space time continuum. She traveled to the future to get future medicine to save Commodus. I changed my mind, this movie rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The only question I think I have is did they know there was a rip in the space time continuum and that is why she was sent there. Or did they think she was going to London but killing the werewolf somehow opened up that rift? Like that was the werewolf's woods and if you kill it, you will go back in time or in the future when you attempt to leave the woods....

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, this thread is gold! I totally want to go make an awesome movie now.