Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 03:09 AM

Default help me

I'm in financial trouble, and I won't be able to pay for college books, what I want to ask is if someone could loan me 100 or so dollars on pokerstars for 150 or 200 back the next day, we could even make some kind of contract? I have turned 100 into 10,000 in a week already (I have a screenshot if you want to see it), but lost it to high limit players. I was just hoping that one of you guys would do this for me, please PM me. This is not a scam I will give you my address / phone number and you can call me, etc.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: help me

College books are a scam, I made the Dean's list without buying a book for the majority of my classe.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:55 AM

I made the dean's list this semester!!!!! I am so smart!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 04:02 AM

Pawn your computer and use the one at the library. Stay away from poker sites.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:26 AM

Here's a tip: go up to school a day or two before everyone else, and make a trip to the library. They should have the textbooks there, at least my school did. That should get you through the beginning of the semester until they are due. In the meantime, meet people in your classes who would be willing to split the cost of a used book with you.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have turned 100 into 10,000 in a week already (I have a screenshot if you want to see it), but lost it to high limit players.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a surprise.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have turned 100 into 0 already

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Sheriff
Old 07-29-2005, 06:01 AM

Here is some serious advice dude.

A (very) nice way to put it would be: You need to consider the option that your 100 -> 10000 run was a fluke. If Phil Ivey offered me the deal that you are offering, if I wanted the money back I wouldnt take the deal. The best in the world could not honestly make the guarantee to have a streak like that.

A realistic way to put it - It was a fluke, and winning that much hurt you more than it helped. Now you've had a taste of the high limits and low limit wont be enough to satisfy you.

From the sound of it, you've dipped into your college fund for poker money.

My advice is to get your books from the library or share with friends. Get a part time job. And most of all:
Quit Poker

I am not saying this to be mean. I'm not trying to insult you. It seriously sounds like poker has caused problems for you, and at this point, staying in the game can only hurt you.

If you disagree, want to talk about it, want to explain yourself further, feel free to PM me. But right now I highly suggest getting out of poker.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:43 PM

stay away from poker until you can back it. and if you really have to, play in b&m, not online, so that you can concentrate more and have less distractions.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in financial trouble, and I won't be able to pay for college books, what I want to ask is if someone could loan me 100 or so dollars on pokerstars for 150 or 200 back the next day, we could even make some kind of contract? I have turned 100 into 10,000 in a week already (I have a screenshot if you want to see it), but lost it to high limit players. I was just hoping that one of you guys would do this for me, please PM me. This is not a scam I will give you my address / phone number and you can call me, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Get a job, maybe?
Are you actually being serious? coming here to make a request like that? You're asking to be torn apart, practically begging for us to feed on your insides.