Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 06-07-2005, 04:15 AM

Default Update of my Progress

Hey 2+2,

I thought as i havent posted in a while i would just write a quick update of how my Bankroll is and any progress i have made.
I think is was about 8 days ago i posted about how i had turned my 50$ in just over 400$ by simply playing te 25NL games on Party.

Since then i have been grinding away playing a fair number of hands and have tightened my game up a lot. I now fold almost any pocket pair 9`s or lower and i always always fold AJ. According to PT AJ is my stack killer!!

My bankroll has progressed form a little over 400 to exactly 974.13$.

The only games i play are 25Nl and ocassionally 50Nl games. I have tried tournaments but to be perfectly honest i need to work on my tournament play a lot.

Is it time for me to move up a limit?

I asked that question when i last posted and people said no. Is it still No, should i just keep doing what i am doing? I have shown almost 2000% increase in bankroll over 18 days. If i change limits do i risk all that i have built?

As usual any thoughts would be great [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Update of my Progress

[ QUOTE ]
I now fold almost any pocket pair 9`s or lower

[/ QUOTE ]

sup -ev

Also, moving up limits is never bad, as long as you can handle losing money. Just set aside a certain amount of money you are willing to lose, and if you go below that point, drop down and start grinding. You are probably a winning player, however you could easily be running h0ttttt too.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:12 AM

I'd take a crack at it and then move back down in limits if you drop below 600 or so. Good luck to you!
Old 06-07-2005, 05:38 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
I now fold almost any pocket pair 9`s or lower...

[/ QUOTE ]
Why?

How many hands do you have? It seems like you're running extremely hot. I don't know if you're asking about moving up to the NL$50 or the NL$100. Moving to the $50 is probably fine, just drop back down if you lose a few buyins. But I think I would grind it out a while there before I move any further. Your bankroll is better suited for it too.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:46 AM

You are desperate to move up limits, everyone is the money is better, but nearly all the longer term posters here at some point will have done this moved to a bigger buy in when not ready lost a load and had to rebuilt.

No matter what we say here I suspect you will be the same and will move up anyway. I would suggest playing at least 5,000 hands minimum (and maybe up to 10k) at each level before moving up, it will put you in better stead when you do move up and may mean you can stay at that higher level.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:13 AM

Pocket Pairs 9- should be some of the HIGHEST in your list of moneymakers...Some of my biggest winners are 22 on an A2x flop
Old 06-07-2005, 06:29 AM

According to PT i have played 3k hands but i estimate at least another 2-3k on other sites.

I think i will wait like one of the posts says till moving up. I will play another 3-5k hands and then look at my situation again.

As far as folding pocket 9`s and below goes, so far it has worked for me so until it doesnt i will keep folding them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cheers for the advice people
Old 06-07-2005, 06:35 AM

Wow..."it works for me" of course means you lose nothing or the blind...i'm talking about the times you'd flop a set...you mean you fold them in an unraised pot? this is a HUGE LEAK in your play...Whether or not you're losing money doing it or not....

not making easy money = losing money
Old 06-07-2005, 07:57 AM

Ah, youth. You have your whole life to win the WSOP, do you really want to do it next year and have the rest be an anti-climax? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Moving up &amp; down decisions should be kid stuff compared to learning the game and how players play. So how about the following for a hard bankroll rule -- I'll follow it if you will:

Got 20 buy-ins for a level =&gt; start playing that level
Down to 18 buy-ins for a level =&gt; drop back until up to 20 buy-ins again

That's very easy to follow, and if you really learn the ropes at a particular level, you should roll up dough fast enough that you'll leave the 18 limit in your rear view mirror in no time.

Furthermore, at your current earn rate (which even some simple math says is on the hot side), you'll be taking on higher levels at a reasonably quick rate:

At the lower levels, +10PTBB/100 should be sustainable for a good player, or at least that's what the smart guys on this forum say. If buy-ins are 100BB, and each level is double the buy-in of the one below, then to move up a level, you need to double your bankroll, which means win 20 current-level buy-ins, or 2000BB, or 1000PTBB. And if you're a good player, winning 1000PTBB should take you, on average, a mere 10,000 hands.

In the meantime, focus on learning. It's hard when you're coining money; I've been running very hot for a week now, and -- what a coincidence -- haven't posted many hands for review. But the way to move up, in the end, is to know the game better and better.

You should be asking yourself, how do I know the game better than I did last week? That's the part that matters. Advancement will follow.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:30 PM

Fantastic response, i am near speechless!

I will make notes about what you have said and learn them carefully.