Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Need Software Dev & Web-Designer for Project.

No it's not a poker room and no, we're not guaranteed millions if it works out.

I just have an idea I recently came up with that I think could help many people on these forums.

Basically, I need someone who:

-Can develop a prog that can read PT while it is auto-importing (similar to PA HUD etc. but w/ a different purpose).

-Can make it so the data read from the PT auto-imports will be transferred to a central DB.

-Can manage large DBs of info so that individuals can log-in to view their info on the server.

-Can design a professional looking website... Not huge or anything, just good-looking.

If any of you can do one or all of these things, PM me for details and an AIM screen name if you have one.

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Need Software Dev & Web-Designer for Project.

x2ski,

I've been kicking around this same basic idea in my head for last couple of weeks and while it sounds good, I think there would be some problems.

-This would basically be a reimplementation of poker tracker on the server side. This would be a ton of work and take a single person a long time.

-Support for current HUD's would be difficult altough possibly doable. It might be easier to use GT+ to make your own (i belive it was released under the GPL).

-Bandwidth cost/pricing scheme, moving that much information from client server would probably cost a whole lot of $ and possibly make the idea unprofitable.

While the benefits of something like this would be great, i don't know how viable it would be. I haven't looked into it too hard because even to get it started would cost more $ then i have. If you want to discuss anything furter, leave it here or drop me a PM.

gus
Old 12-08-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
x2ski,

I've been kicking around this same basic idea in my head for last couple of weeks and while it sounds good, I think there would be some problems.

-This would basically be a reimplementation of poker tracker on the server side. This would be a ton of work and take a single person a long time.

-Support for current HUD's would be difficult altough possibly doable. It might be easier to use GT+ to make your own (i belive it was released under the GPL).

-Bandwidth cost/pricing scheme, moving that much information from client server would probably cost a whole lot of $ and possibly make the idea unprofitable.

While the benefits of something like this would be great, i don't know how viable it would be. I haven't looked into it too hard because even to get it started would cost more $ then i have. If you want to discuss anything furter, leave it here or drop me a PM.

gus

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, uhhhh, this would not be at all related to PT or any HUD... This is a totally new idea (I think) directed towards those who play for a living or derive a significant amount of their income from poker.

I only mentioned PT because it would require I miniscule amount of data from PT to operate as intended, and I mentioned PA HUD because that program is able to get data from PT and process it, so it would be similar in that regard, but the data is completely different and in turn used for a completely different purpose.

That's all I feel like saying on the forums until I get things more concrete.

Nevertheless, hit me up with a PM and AIM name if ya got it and are some sort of engineer/developer.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:02 PM

x2ski,

PMed you

gus