Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Why U.S. troops deserve to get blown to bits

[ QUOTE ]
The willing hands of tyranny deserve to be severed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you should be in favor of the Iraq war if for no other reason than the deposing of Saddam's regime which had slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and tortured countless others.

THAT was true tyranny, under Saddam. Whatever US troops are now doing over there is chickenfeed on the scale of tyranny. You should try looking at things in their full perspective, and empathize with the millions of previously oppressed and brutalized Iraqis, first and foremost.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From now on I'll LOL at rising american troop death tolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who gets a laugh out of people actually dying shouldn't be taken seriously.

I really don't care about any of your reasons, because the above quote tells me all I need to know about you as a human being.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:12 PM

If having your ill-gotten gains destroyed as opposed to having your hands chopped off or just being shot outright can create terrorists? If that's possible, as you suggest, then what won't create terrorists? Following your line, staying will create terrorists, leaving will create terrorists, doing nothing about crime will create terrorists. If they are that backwards, why would genocide be wrong?

You're a tool for saying US soldiers deserve to die for this.

Is the world so black-and-white now?
Old 10-14-2005, 01:16 PM

For that matter, the US military is not America. You're right. You don't train pit bulls and kennel them in a daycare. You're argument is against military personnel policing civilians, and it's a valid argument. Your stance is childish and ill-conceived, but I doubt you are capable of seeing that.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then you should be in favor of the Iraq war if for no other reason than the deposing of Saddam's regime which had slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and tortured countless others.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You should try looking at things in their full perspective, and empathize with the millions of previously oppressed and brutalized Iraqis, first and foremost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that why you support this war? Is it one of many reasons? Is it the main reason? Of course, I am assuming you do support it. If not, I humbly withdraw these questions.

P.S. Aside from being cruel and idiotic, thoughts like those appearing in the OP hurt the anti-war movement and make the most outrageous claims of the right wing come true.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then you should be in favor of the Iraq war if for no other reason than the deposing of Saddam's regime which had slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and tortured countless others...
...You should try looking at things in their full perspective, and empathize with the millions of previously oppressed and brutalized Iraqis, first and foremost

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that why you support this war? Is it one of many reasons? Is it the main reason? Of course, I am assuming you do support it. If not, I humbly withdraw these questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed that was one of the primary reasons I supported the war and still support staying the course, to develop a chance for Iraqis to live free and without oppression. Hopefully things will work out for the best.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:27 PM

Hehehe - I was just going to edit my post. I thought I made it sound like I was going to jump down your throat no matter how you answered when I was just genuinely curious for your reasons. Thanks for your answer.

I, too, hope it works out for the best.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:30 PM

So who's next? Cuba, North Korea, Venezuela, Somalia again, Libya, Saudi Arabia, China, Iran? Who wins the "US-will-provide-your-freedom-under-false-pretenses" lottery? Can we still use 9/11 as the emotional impetus or do we need something fresher?
Old 10-14-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So who's next? Cuba, North Korea, Venezuela, Somalia again, Libya, Saudi Arabia, China, Iran? Who wins the "US-will-provide-your-freedom-under-false-pretenses" lottery? Can we still use 9/11 as the emotional impetus or do we need something fresher?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question, and I think if the USA and Europe had a large enough military force they could potentially ALL be in line;-) However, we just don't have the power to be able to depose all tyrants everywhere, so the actual implementation of such ventures must depend on, and is to an extent limited by, the potential cost/benefits to ourselves.

All of the regimes which you mention richly deserve to be reformed or deposed. Hopefully, "Reform" is in the cards, but if those regimes become too threatening or too hostile towards us and our interests, the "Depose" card just might pop off on the turn or river...
Old 10-14-2005, 01:56 PM

I'll be very interested in what goes down in Cuba IF Castro ever dies. And I agree that Saddam was definitely "Mr. Right Now" guy and hope if nothing else is gained, at least the despots will negotiate earnestly.

Except Kim Jung-il, he's insane, but we know that. I have a theory that if we just distribute a movie depicting a war between SK-NK and NK won and he was the "James Bond" hero, he'd step into his straight jacket and march right into his padded cell in a heady euphoria.
Closed Thread