Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Weak - Tight?

THE HORROR THE HORROR
Old 10-20-2005, 08:20 PM

i think you should check/raise the flop, PF is probly close, im not sure whats right there, the way you played it turn fold is probly fine without a read
Old 10-20-2005, 10:41 PM

Thanks for all the comments. I did play this badly, but not horribly. As it turns out (I apologize to those who hate results) MP2 was a 48%/20% donk on the war path with 77 and MP1 had AT or somesuch hand (maybe even worse).

I learned that I should probably wait a bit before getting involved with this kind of preflop action without any time at the table. One poster mentioned this and it's good advice.

I also considered a CR on the flop, but mistakenly believed that a bet on the flop might help me define their hands better. I acted too quickly (typical when 3-tabling on a 17 inch where the tables overlap) and didn't checkraise because I was afraid it was going to be 2 bets back to me if I checked (I don't know why I thought this since MP2 was the last one to raise preflop) and then I would have to consider folding on the flop with what could be the best hand. Checkraising in this situation would have been much better because then I could really get a sense of my opponents' holdings. Then I could bet/fold the turn. I wouldn't be surprised if MP2 would have raised me on the turn despite a flop checkraise. He was that loony as it turns out.

I also considered capping preflop, but I wussed out since I didn't have any reads. This also could have changed the way the hand played out.

Again, thx for the comments, much appreciated. The dicussion about the implied odds of hitting a set was also helpful.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]