Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 02:58 PM

Default zoo traffic and zoo posts

damn, the growth here is amazing. it takes me forever to catch up on yesterdays news and can rarely get to today's posts.

i remember the days where i at least glanced at every single thread and post placed in the zoo. now i find myself skipping threads that have uninteresting titles and marking all posts as read just to get caught up. i KNOW i am missing good posts, but the volume lately is insane.

i'm certain that the owners will never create a forum just for rakeback deals cuz they don't have any financial reason to do this. however, there must be some other common sense way this forum could be split into 2 forums.

other than rakebacks, anyone have any suggestion we could forward to them on an obvious sub forum? my eyes are bleeding.

Old 10-29-2004, 03:09 PM

Default Re: zoo traffic and zoo posts

One possibility would be to create a forum just for bonuses. I've been in strict bonus whoring mode lately, and I wouldn't mind a forum where I could find nothing but bonus info.

I agree with what you're saying, I'm also skipping over a lot of threads lately because I don't have time to read everything.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:14 PM

We tend to get a lot of "chat" type posts not specifically related to internet gambling (to be honest those sort of posts are the main reason I hang out around here)...why not just create a forum called "The Zoo" for all those miscellaneous posts that we (some of us at least) enjoy so much and keep IG focused actual internet gambling?

J
Old 10-29-2004, 03:14 PM

I posted this on another thread earlier today...

"I was thinking there could be a seperate section for "bonus whoring" + "rake deals"

anything that pertains to money received besides what you win at the table.... "

Basically if you clumped all the non playing kickbacks (dep bonuses and rakebacks) in one new forum it can keep the internet gambling section specific to discussing if sites are down, new sites, cashout questions, etc.

I am fully aware there are sites such as Jek + Homer's (name withheld due to some Mccarthyistic shill jumping down my throat) that specialize in that, but many people just like to go to one site for all their info.

The Zoo is way too cumbersome, and that would essentially split it into 2 parts by some sort of content division.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:18 PM

How bout a listing similar to the classifieds section titled affiliates. Affiliates pay a nominal fee then the need for posting in the Zoo is eliminated.

Perhaps affiliates have a link attached to their name/sites represented and are directed to a web site that the affiliate has with current deals.

I see no reason to not allow 2+2 to make a little off of providing this service and newbie can easily be directed to this list.

My Bison in heat offers his services as bouncer if needed.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:19 PM

Default Re: zoo traffic and zoo posts *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky
Old 10-29-2004, 03:25 PM

I'm 100% behind this idea.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:35 PM

I posted this on another thread earlier today..

it was one of the few i read today. your post prompted me to make this post.

i don't think we have a prayer in hell of getting an affiliate type forum and i am glad. however, the bonus forum is a good idea as long as it is all bonuses offered by sites to their entire member base, and not specific affiliate offers/deals.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We tend to get a lot of "chat" type posts not specifically related to internet gambling (to be honest those sort of posts are the main reason I hang out around here)...why not just create a forum called "The Zoo" for all those miscellaneous posts that we (some of us at least) enjoy so much and keep IG focused actual internet gambling?

J

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats a good idea
Old 10-29-2004, 03:48 PM

Well I feel honored then [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Anyway, making an affiliate fee or whatever is not going to stop the WUT IZ RAKEBAK????//// posts that newer players are going to make. People are still going to have to tell people over and over that they cant make a new party acct and to make an Empire acct and seek out an affiliate or check their PM box. Those posts along with alerts of the new Stars reload can go there.

The gripes about CRYPTO IZ DA SUK WITH SENDING ME MY PMS NUMBER can go in internet gambling... as well as posting about UB crashing for the 8th time in a week. People can talkup Zerorake and the ghost of Syntax can rain down on us all onceagain. I think there is merit to having a split of the Zoo.

Obviously bonuswhores was the site I was referring to, but didnt want to stir the pot.