Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2004, 12:25 PM

Default Tossman Plays Weak tight

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks.

River: (5.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

Anything I shoulda done different? Like bet?
Old 12-18-2004, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Tossman Plays Weak tight

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

And another case. Am I playing too weak here?
Old 12-18-2004, 12:32 PM

Some would question your blind defense with QTs, but I think it's a good call.

Flop - I'm folding. 2nd pair/marginal kicker when the Preflop raiser bets and there's an overcard to my pair on the board. Not a good situation for you.

Turn - Hmmmm... Free cards

River - The aggressor did show weakness on the turn. But was he trying to set up a river bet? Or otherwise be fancy? Or is he legitimately sacred of that King? And why has MP2 been hanging around? King/no kicker? I think I still check. Being first to act sucks. If I'm on the button here I think I take a stab at it, but the last thing you want here is to get raised.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:37 PM

I thought I had enough outs to continue on the flop. (5 outs to two pair, 1.5 outs to backdoor flush, an out for a backdoor straight, about 6 or 7 outs total and getting 8 to 1 on my call.) Am I giving myself too many outs?
Old 12-18-2004, 12:38 PM

Pre-flop - Not sure. This is one of those I mix up sometimes. ATo from the middle. Sometimes I limp, sometimes I'll raise, depends on the table. Anyways, not wrong in my opinion.

Flop - Action, weeee. I cap here, though I'm worried about the set or two pair.

Turn - If he leads out after I capped, I'm calling down. If not, I bet out. If he pops me with the check/raise I'll be convinced I'm beaten, but I'm still calling down.

River - Same.

I don't think I'd say you played this hand weak. You went into check/call mode maybe one small bet before I would.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:41 PM

Not weak tight, the word you're probably looking for is passive :]
Old 12-18-2004, 12:48 PM

If you want to count the backdoor draws, maybe you give yourself 6 outs. That's a little worse than 7:1 from the deck, and about 9.5:1 from the pot, so I reckon the call was not horrible. I personally don't look for reasons to call with back door draws. Those are too expensive, and do not pay off enough for me.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:09 PM

I may be missing something here... or maybe I'm being too literal. But how do you get 5 outs to 2 pair?

You have 5 outs (2 Q's, 3 T's) to improve the second pair to either a two pair or trips, but only 3 outs to a two pair (the T's). If the board pairs it won't be good for you if Villain has top pair. And two pair would only win part of the time with an overcard on the board, because sometimes there would be a better 2 pair, so those should be discounted a bit.

And once the turn comes it's only 3 outs, because of the hearts on the board (not that outs mattered there).

I think I would have folded on the flop for the first hand.

KO
Old 12-18-2004, 01:15 PM

Why do you cap here, with just middle pair and a backdoor straight draw and backdoor flush draw.

I'm confused.

Never mind, you were responding to the 2nd hand, not the original hand.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:17 PM

I call the flop 3bet and raise the turn. If he bets the river I call it like you did.