Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 10:24 PM

Default man...weird hands today 200NL

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO ($200)
Button ($183)
Hero ($243.50)
BB ($318.30)
UTG ($96)
UTG+1 ($208.40)
UTG+2 ($281)
MP1 ($349.15)
MP2 ($607.94)
MP3 ($200)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2. Hero posts a blind of $1. MP3 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $4</font>, MP2 calls $4, MP3 (poster) calls $2, CO (poster) calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) calls $3, BB calls $2.

Flop: ($25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, BB calls $15, MP1 calls $15, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $15, CO folds.

Turn: ($85) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($85) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $50
Old 11-27-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: man...weird hands today 200NL

I think betting the turn works. Half-pot sound about right?

Looks like a great table.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:00 PM

I'd give alot of consideration to c/r'ing that flop. Current table dynamics and read would play a big part in that decision however.

As played, I'm leading that turn. Two pair, nut flush draw. That's an awful strong hand to be checking. But, being it checked thru, I'm c/c'ing on the river. I don't want to lead and get raised. And I'd rather have weaker hands bet it on the end with me likely closing the action. (or stronger hands only having one chance to put money in the middle).
Old 11-27-2005, 11:16 PM

hm, interesting hand. AJ, i don't c/r that flop because it's not threatening enough. i think you'd have a tough time getting an opponent to lay down AK, KQ, or even KJ on that board.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd give alot of consideration to c/r'ing that flop. Current table dynamics and read would play a big part in that decision however.

As played, I'm leading that turn. Two pair, nut flush draw. That's an awful strong hand to be checking. But, being it checked thru, I'm c/c'ing on the river. I don't want to lead and get raised. And I'd rather have weaker hands bet it on the end with me likely closing the action. (or stronger hands only having one chance to put money in the middle).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx for the advice, The reason I checked the turn is that I can't think of any worse hand (besides maybe a lower flush) that calls me here. Can you think of any?
Old 11-28-2005, 01:15 AM

bet the turn, gotta build those pots, two pair with NFD? bet it
Old 11-28-2005, 10:11 AM

There are many reasons to make bets other than to get worse hands to call.

- For information
- For value
- To get others to make a mistake
- And most important, so YOU don't make a mistake by giving a free card to beat you.

If you knew one or two of the other hands held middle pairs with hands like 76 or 87 or hands like QJh would you still check?

Even if you bet and only get called by a hand that beats you like 77 you still have many outs.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thx for the advice, The reason I checked the turn is that I can't think of any worse hand (besides maybe a lower flush) that calls me here. Can you think of any?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you new to the Party Poker $25-$200 no limit games? That's a semi-serious question because you will get called here by any random Ace that managed to see the turn, any flush draw, any TJ (maybe with a heart) that hung around this long, K3s, K7s (hey, it was only a minimum raise pre-flop!), KQ and so on. Don't be silly, bet the turn. If nothing else, make the other flush draw(s) give you some money before they whiff the river.

SpaceAce
Old 11-27-2005, 11:17 PM

I bet $60 on the turn because MP3 posted blind, MP1 was the min-raiser and the BB tagged along. So far they've told you they don't have much. I think you lose a lot of value by checking the turn. I don't know what you are trying to accomplish here. I think I fall into the "man it would suck if I get raised here" theory when holding a big draw on the turn but wtf you do have two pair if you didn't notice.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:28 PM

I like leading this flop and calling most raises (pushing also works). c/r is messy- how do you play a blank turn? You have a sexy draw and are OOP after showing alot of strength. leading&gt;c/c&gt;c/r IMO.

Leading the turn is best IMO. 2 pair+NFD is very very strong. I see no reason to not value bet this river either.