Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: This Ought To Get Some Replies

Of course there are environmental influences on IQ. No one is debating that. What I'm saying is that there's a huge body of evidence from a diverse range of studies that support the theory that innate intelligence potential varies with ethnicity.

I don't buy the poverty idea. Asians in America score almost the same as Asians in China and other poor (second and third world) countries. And yes, this number is HIGHER than the comparatively affluent white countries with better nutrition, education and childhood health care. Chinese score the same as Japanese in their own countries, even though Japan is one of the most affluent and educated countries in the world. Clearly, something is going on here. Africans (and African Americans) score far worse in every country they live in, and pure breds in sub saharan africa score worst of all. In the north of Africa where there's some of the worst poverty imaginable, they score higher than sub saharan africans (closer to the American score - a standard deviation below whites).

Note that this happens across a range of tests (including reaction speed tests), and is supported by anecdotal evidence such as cultural sophistication, technological achievement, university scores, contributions to science, literature, etc. It's always Asian > White >> Black (though in a couple of these areas it's White > Asian, but not by much). The point is that EVERY indicator there is shows this trend, in EVERY country. I think it's clear what's going on here.

I was going to let this thread die but it seems David was right.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:40 PM

you should kill yourself. racism is out of style now, pops.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:02 PM

I think the best treatment if this topic was done by Herrnstein and Murray in the Bell Curve. The book was very controversial but ultimately rooted in complex research and careful reasoning. Kind of sad though.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The point I was making is that even the elite of that race who attend university or are wealty don't excel in society. There are very, very few great CEOs, lawyers, writers, artists, politicians, scientists, nobel prize winners (lol), journalists, etc etc who are from that race.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you make the standard high enough, there are very few "greats" of any race. You said their elites don't excel. Assuming we're talking about Blacks/Africans, they obviously do excel. You can argue if you want about how much they excel relative to whites or Asians, but to say their elites don't excel is obviously false. How, please tell me, do they become wealthy by not excelling somewhere along the line?

Since this is a poker site, do Phil Ivey and David Williams excel at poker or not?

[ QUOTE ]
Though they have made a notable contribution to bling bling gansta rap (girls in skimpy clothing and shiny man-jewellery, anyone?). I guess that could be considered art.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think that this is the limit of their contribution I don't think you're looking very hard at all. The idea that you can bring up modern music and not mention Jazz and Blues ... ahh, why waste my time.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:45 AM

Phil Ivey wants to play you heads up.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are very, very few great CEOs, lawyers, writers, artists, politicians, scientists, nobel prize winners (lol), journalists, etc etc who are from that race. That's all I'm saying. Though they have made a notable contribution to bling bling gansta rap (girls in skimpy clothing and shiny man-jewellery, anyone?). I guess that could be considered art.

[/ QUOTE ]
This guy is obviously a dumb, racist troll. I don't think anyone should waste their time trying to "debunk" him. Just ignore him.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:54 AM

Default You\'re doing a fine job Phil153......after all.....

It got DS's attention. Hell, after I posted the original
Hitler reference, I thought I'd be banned from here.
I'm glad it's a fairly open minded site.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:14 AM

Mr.Sklansky,have you no shame? First the pope and "amazing randi" and now advertising a post like this. It's enough to drive me back to ebay. To quote Auntie Mame,"you need a little christmas." I expect better from this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm convinced they don't have the brain capacity to survive and contribute positively in modern civilisation. Despite many years and government efforts, the SAT scores of a certain race remain shockingly low. They are on the border of retardation. Even the elite of this race fail to excel.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously HE is not the only example but just the one that came quickest to mind. I have tons of respect for the people of this forum but I am positive that this man, an old professor of mine, is more intelligent than 99.99% of the people that post here.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:38 AM

I can show you a white man who has an IQ of 160. Does this mean whites are, on average, smarter than asians? Does it mean they don't have an average of IQ of 100?