Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Results

Yes i thought about that too. About the overpush looking more like Ak because i might not do that with AA or kk. I would do it with qq though. And i almost just made a reraise but we didnt have enough chips to make that play and thought if i did that he may even be more liely to call as he would only have to call another 2500 or whatever. But i agree it would look scarier. And i was counting out a reraise than said screw it i cant fool around with it. My choices are pushing calling or folding. If we were deeper i agree reraisinfg is definately better.

Btw it smells like Ak or JJ. Sure there are more combinations of Ak but if itsa one of these 2 hands do you really want to risk your tounrament life calling off with 1010's in an almost coinflip. If you consdier yourself a good player you should be able to find better spots than coinflips when you got 6k left at 150-300 blinds. And if i have the jj's than he's in serious trouble. If i'm a maniac than his play becomes closer abnd probably correct. But against a solid big stack i think his play is bad.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:52 PM

i think a lot more people make the play with AK, like a ton of people do.
Some just call with JJ.
I do think his call was fine as the stacks were not deep and his blinds were coming up.

I do think it is all somewhat close overall between pushing, calling and reraising to 3K-3,500.
But in this situation I like mine the best.
I was just trying to give you an alternative way to play it, and my reasoning why.

If I did the original raise with QQ or JJ, I am calling a push in a flash. To the reraise I stated, I am pretty scared there. AA and KK seem the most likely there.
But again, this works against players with a clue.

SD
Old 07-18-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes i thought about that too. About the overpush looking more like Ak because i might not do that with AA or kk. I would do it with qq though. And i almost just made a reraise but we didnt have enough chips to make that play and thought if i did that he may even be more liely to call as he would only have to call another 2500 or whatever. But i agree it would look scarier. And i was counting out a reraise than said screw it i cant fool around with it. My choices are pushing calling or folding. If we were deeper i agree reraisinfg is definately better.

Btw it smells like Ak or JJ. Sure there are more combinations of Ak but if itsa one of these 2 hands do you really want to risk your tounrament life calling off with 1010's in an almost coinflip. If you consdier yourself a good player you should be able to find better spots than coinflips when you got 6k left at 150-300 blinds. And if i have the jj's than he's in serious trouble. If i'm a maniac than his play becomes closer abnd probably correct. But against a solid big stack i think his play is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he's a big stack at 20x, then he has to get his money in with TT there if there is any chance that you have AK/AQ. If you thought that he was only calling with big pairs, then why make that move w/ AK? Why not make it w/ 56s? Sounds like you play a predictable game.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:05 PM

if he has AK it greatly reduces the chance the other player has AA or KK....dramatically.

and his read on what he'd call with was wrong anyway.
although his read on what the guy had was correct.

in theory, he should make a move then if the guy does have a non-huge hand and will get away from it.
Which I do need to do more when I have a read.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:51 PM

Sounds like you play a bad game. Yeah i'm a bit predictable. But most are who play good tournament poker are predictable. We don't make dopey plays to bust ourselves out. If you think his call is an easy call that there are serious leaks in your game. Why does he have to call? If he folds he still has 6k at 150-300 blinds whereas if he calls he will either be in big dog or coin flip situtaion. You thinking is seriously flawed. Remember i am a big stack as well so if he loses he will be left with out $500 in chips. The reaosn i dont make the play with 56s is because if i do get called i will be a big dog and not worth the risk to pick up this pot. With the Ak at least if i get called i still have a decent chance of winning.

I guess you play different than your avatar as Phil Hellmuth would definately fold 1010's there. Do you think phil plays good? Or are you mocking him with that avatar?
Old 07-18-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you pushing in there with AA or KK, even QQ?
Probably not.
An over push likes that does really smell of AK.
You could consider making a raise that represents AA, like 3,000 or 3,500.
This also commits you to the hand, which is fine.

I only do this against players I think are decent that will read into this raise as being a big pair.

If you are trying to represent a huge pair, you need to play it like you would play that huge pair.

This is why I will also sometimes overpush with KK, hoping they put me on AK.

SD

[/ QUOTE ]

this is one of my new favorite moves.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:54 PM

wow, we agree for once..sweet.

on a side note, i actually way prefer NL cash games.
Never boring when you have 80x+ the BB.
I find playing at the 20-40x level (which is a lot of the times in tourney) to be extremely boring.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:02 AM

I think the play is OK, but why put all your chips in to win $1500ish in chips? I would probably reraise to $2800 or so, and go from there. In this case, it wouldn't have mattered, but if he goes all in on the flop, you can safely fold.

ChewyMint
Old 07-19-2005, 12:11 AM

If i make it 2800 to go i may make him either call or move in on me and put me to a decision instead of putting him to a decision. I put him to a decision where he was supposed to fold. I forced him into a mistake so i did my job. We don't have enough chips to be making reraisng and folding to reraises after that.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I forced him into a mistake so i did my job.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, good one.

Result

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=3522
pokenum -h td th - ac ks
Holdem Hi: 1712304 enumerated boards
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Td Th 978073 57.12 728909 42.57 5322 0.31 0.573
Ks Ac 728909 42.57 978073 57.12 5322 0.31 0.427

(getting 1.42:1)
Closed Thread