Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 12:00 AM

Default The Truth is that God...

...doesn't exist.We shouldn't even be asking the question "Does God Exist?" Why? Because to even ask a question, you need some physical evidence. Since there's no physical evidence that anything supernatural exists, there's no logical reason to state a "hypothesis",to even ask the question. That's the truth. And I will never come back and read this post. If you agree with me,so what,and if you don't agree with me, then I don't want to have to go back to that level of thinking-it hurts my brain just reading someone trying to explain how the invisible man,or thing,exists.

BTW, Why did I even post this?
Angst I think, or not.

Shooby [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Re: The Truth is that God...

[ QUOTE ]
...doesn't exist.We shouldn't even be asking the question "Does God Exist?" Why? Because to even ask a question, you need some physical evidence. Since there's no physical evidence that anything supernatural exists, there's no logical reason to state a "hypothesis",to even ask the question. That's the truth. And I will never come back and read this post. If you agree with me,so what,and if you don't agree with me, then I don't want to have to go back to that level of thinking-it hurts my brain just reading someone trying to explain how the invisible man,or thing,exists.

Angst I think, or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

qwerty
Old 08-30-2005, 01:13 AM

A perfect example of close-mindedness.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:18 AM

I am posting this in response to myself. It's between me and me so the rest of you stay out of it.

PairTheBoard
Old 08-30-2005, 05:22 AM

Would you say the same thing if he was talking about astrology, rushes, or Santa Claus?
Old 08-30-2005, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Angst I think, or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I even believe in God, but your reasons for not wanting to discuss it are pretty lame. In fact, your post is the stupidest post I have read today. And to make matters worse is that you then say you won't even come back to read the post or responses.

Do you believe you have a mind? There is no physical evidence of that?

And for it to hurt your brain? I think there is even more complex "philosophical" things to discuss than God. I guess you never took a philosophy class. You would have kept the local pharmacies at your college in business when you would have had to study Heidegger or Marx. If you gave me the choice of having to try to understand the bible or Being and Time, I would choose the bible anyday (though I would much rather read Heidegger).

craig
Old 08-30-2005, 05:50 AM

Ok, I lied, I will reply.

First of all, what does qwerty mean as a response to my post?

Second, It's close-minded in the way that saying 2 + 2=4 is being closeminded.

Third,what Sklansky said.

Fourth, LOL.Pairthe board, that was funny.

And to end this, To Craig:
I guess the way that I approached this could be considered immature.
Of course I have a brain,
And my intelligence isn't the topic,but just to come to the conclusion that I have, takes above average intelligence, IMHO [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
So, I got it out of my systems for at least 10 minutes, and I'm now sure I have a brain,I used a q-tip. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Shooby
Old 08-30-2005, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I lied, I will reply.

First of all, what does qwerty mean as a response to my post?

Second, It's close-minded in the way that saying 2 + 2=4 is being closeminded.

Third,what Sklansky said.

Fourth, LOL.Pairthe board, that was funny.

And to end this, To Craig:
I guess the way that I approached this could be considered immature.
Of course I have a brain,
And my intelligence isn't the topic,but just to come to the conclusion that I have, takes above average intelligence, IMHO [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
So, I got it out of my systems for at least 10 minutes, and I'm now sure I have a brain,I used a q-tip. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Shooby

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said you didn't have a brain. I said "mind". These are two different things. Here is my thoughts, just because there is no empirical evidence does not mean something is not possible.

craig

p.s. More importantly, I hope someone answers your qwerty question.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:09 AM

Craig, If you put it that way, I don't agree with the whole mind-brain thing you stated. There's just the brain that really exists. Everything we are,counsciousness, movement,abstract thinking,and a million other things, are just an effect.

Anyways, this is fun to talk about, and sadly, only because I really only understand like 3 thing,and this is one of thems. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Shooby
Old 08-30-2005, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Craig, If you put it that way, I don't agree with the whole mind-brain thing you stated. There's just the brain that really exists. Everything we are,counsciousness, movement,abstract thinking,and a million other things, are just an effect.

Anyways, this is fun to talk about, and sadly, only because I really only understand like 3 thing,and this is one of thems. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Shooby

[/ QUOTE ]

All those things you mentioned above cannot be proven really. There is no empirical basis for most of them.

But, I think it is great that you admit you don't understand most of these things.

craig